1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

[Aug 18, 2019] 1965 Mini Cooper Series (GBRS-Cokebloke)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by cokebloke, Jun 28, 2019.

You can not signup for this event...

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
1965 Mini Cooper Series
GBRS-Cokebloke
Signups: 0
Posted By : cokebloke
Start: Aug 18, 2019 08:00 PM
End: Aug 18, 2019 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST
  1. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

The 65 Mk1 Mini Cooper is a classic go anywhere and do anything car that proved itself over the years.

With summer here and everybody either on holiday and doing other things I'm hoping that although its not a racing car and not everybody will be excited by it or be available but it will produce some close fun racing over a five week period due to the fact it can be thrown around and is forgiving my thoughts are regardless of the car its racing which is what its all about.

The tracks I have chosen each night will be four races per night all app. 20 minutes long.

Grid order each night for each race will be
    Fastest first
    Reverse grid
    Results based on last race
    Reverse grid

The Car...... 1965 Mini Cooper
    Power 144 BHP
    Weight 556 KG
    Tyres Race medium
    Start time 20.00 hrs
    Qualifying 15 minates
    Aids off OTHER than ABS and Driving line
    Tuning allowed.

Week 1
    Autodrome Lago Maggiore East 11
    4x12 laps

Week 2
    Tsukuba 4x15 laps

Week 3
    Autopolis Short
    4x13 laps

Week 4
    Tokyo Expressway South
    4x8 laps

Week 5
    Goodwood
    4x12 laps

#1 cokebloke, Jun 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    Markhughes, Robabt111 and Lunchbox like this.
  2. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Sharing tunes?

3. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Here you go Zeb try this

My Great Capture Screenshot 2019-06-29 20-41-12.png

Fido996 and cokebloke like this.
  4. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hi Paul you will need to alter the gearing as well for the longer/shorter track, the easiest way if your not sure
    Is to just adjust the finel drive to the left and right,

To the left the car will be quicker accelerating but low top speed good for the short tracks.

To the right the car will be slower accelerating but higher top speed better for the longer tracks..

Only explained the above I case you wasn't sure and it might help.

Zebaldus likes this.
  5. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Actually Paul it’s the other way round just fiddle you’ll see what I mean

Zebaldus likes this.
  6. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Nice one Nigel, although, sadly, I can only manage the first and last event. Got a busy couple of months ahead. First its a weekend away in Gloucestershire for my annual airshow and then we're all away on our Welsh tour in the motorhome. So that'll mean we'll all be fighting for position and then spreading out in the first race and the last race everyone will disappear and I won't see where you've all gone!

Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  7. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

No problem Steve as I said this time of year is always patchy but thank you for letting me know.

Which air show is it your going to, next year I fancy going to a big air show particularly military, I keep saying I will then before I know it
    another year has gone by.

Fido996 likes this.
  8. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

There's not that many left nowadays, especially in your neck of the woods. The one I go to is the Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford near Swindon, probably the biggest public display in Europe and worth every penny. I think the ticket was £270, but thats for 4 days with a seat in a special enclosure. It's only recently gone to a 3 day display, although the weekend flying is longer 10-5.30pm. They always get a few surprises in the programme, this year it's a flying display by a MiG-21. Probably the last time I'll ever see one fly as the design is nearly 60 years old!

9. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Sounds really good and thanks Steve for getting back to me....... I will have to look into this a it further

10. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

The trouble with this show is that everything sells out really quick. Not just the tickets, all the hotels and such in around the Swindon area get booked up days after the show has finished. Does Newquay / St. Mawgan have one? I know Yeovilton has a popular airshow, it’s this month I think.

11. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Newquay used to have e brilliant one when it was the RAF St. Mawgan airbase but it is now a commercial airport and no longer an RAF base so no air shows.
    I have been to the Yeovalton air show which was good but I can't plan 12month ahead easily at the moment for Fairford and its not the end of the world but I will bare it in mind at a later date.
    Thanks again Steve

12. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

I have a strong suspicion Nige a few of these for free (more like at Her Majesties expense) in his younger days...

cokebloke and Fido996 like this.
  13. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Any room for one more for a celebrity appearance chaps?

Robabt111, Fido996 and cokebloke like this.
  14. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Always room for you Roman :)

15. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Will be great to see you Roman...normal rules apply....you're not allowed to beat the host unless they are called Jason:rolleyes:

16. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Will be good to see you back on track Elias.

Markhughes and cokebloke like this.
  17. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Hey lads. Thanks for hosting tonight and having me tag along. It was great to hear your voices again and your banter. One day I'll figure out this bloody black art of transmission tuning. The YouTube video I was watching apparently didn't work. Even with the help I was useless on corner exit and long straights but oh well. Car was fun to toss around. Hope to be back on soon!

Robabt111 and Lunchbox like this.
  18. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

It was great to have you join us all once again Elias and don't leave it so long next time.

Robabt111 likes this.
  19. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

First of all thank you all for turning up last night it seems like everybody had their own little battles and fun.

I personally really enjoyed it as normal all the races barred into one pretty much the one race that sticks out for me was the last eace
    I tagged onto the back of Carl and somehow manage to stay there lap after lap until we caught up with Steve with a couple of laps to go
    so it ended up a bumper to bumper side by side battle going down the straight three abreast and it continued like that to the finishing line bu must sayt it really was the closest racing id had for ages.

Hats off to Carl and Steve as ever, Rob your getting to quick, Paul you must drive drunk more often you were flying and Mark you found some good speed as well and I can recall race one Jason was a constant threat to me but everybody did well in my mind.

Tsukuba next week that should produce some fun I will put together last nights scores asap and post the results.

Thanks again lads.

Robabt111 and Jimantonic like this.
  20. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

The points system is 12 for 1st going down one point each place below that.

So at the end of round one

Carl 46
    Coke 39
    Rob 36
    Paul 36
    Steve 34
    Mark 32
    Jason 29
    Elias 20

Well done Carl great pace as ever.