1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

Please Read GBRC Online Racing Rules

Discussion in 'GBRC Welcome' started by bnic11, Dec 31, 2015.

1. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

[​IMG]

Quick Reference Guide to GBRC Racing Rules

At GBRC we pride ourselves in clean racing with minimal contact.
    We have an active team of Race Admin members who take part in all races & study the race replays

Below is a brief version of our Online Racing Rules ;

The Track ;
    Tarmac & Kerbs are the track, two wheels must always be on the track (tarmac & kerbs) at all times This is based on using the games interpretation of track limits.
    Anyone found continually exceeding the track limits will receive a warning.

In Qualifying ;
    Just like in real life racing, do not obstruct other drivers who are on a fast qualifying lap.
    Please move off the racing line or off track.
    Do not park on track while qualifying is still in progress.

In the Race ;
    Avoid contact with other cars where possible.
    If you make contact with another car & either make them lose control / leave the track / spin, you must continue as normal but request the stewards/race host to look at the incident.
    If another car is ahead & on the racing line when braking into a corner, you must back out of any manoeuvre to avoid contact or spinning the other car around.

Continual contact / rubbing the car in front is not acceptable
    Weaving to avoid slipstreaming / towing the car behind is not acceptable – you can move once.
    If you leave the track, care must be taken to safely re-join without hindering other drivers.
    Be prepared to leave racing room for cars that are along side or 'overlapping' you
    The race is not won in the first corner – be patient on the first few corners.

Three words to think about - Patient, Courteous, Awareness.

Incidents during a race ;
    If you feel you were involved in a race incident & wish to complain / report another driver, please save the replay & PM the Race Organiser or Race Admin with details of the Race / Lap / drivers involved etc.

The Race Admin team will quickly act upon this and issue penalties if necessary.

Penalties;
    GBRC works on a three strike system.
    1st offence = PM Warning Message and/or points deducted.
    2nd offence = PM Warning Message and/or points deducted.
    3rd offence = PM Warning Message and/or points deducted..
    Any incident after the 3rd offence would mean a series ban or exclusion from the club.

#1 bnic11, Dec 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2019
    GT_Phill, Zebaldus, cokebloke and 2 others like this.
  2. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Jimantonic.
    (I assume a simple electronic signature will do to show that we agree to the rules?)

3. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Fido996

4. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

Motor

5. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

dranddad

6. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

cokebloke

7. superbricklayer1

Club GBRC Club ALV

Superbricklayer

8. PartPoopeRex

Fido996 likes this.
  9. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Zebaldus

10. DukeofDublin

Motorhead_51 and cokebloke like this.
  11. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hey welcome aboard Duke and hope you enjoy it, Join us in our private rooms and you won't find cleaner racing anywhere and a friendly bunch.....public rooms and idiots we get less friendly....
    We will be racing this Sunday and would suggest friend requests with any of the lads you see on Sunday if we are in a private lobby. Meanwhile I will make sure that you receive an invite to any event we normally race every Thursday and Sunday invites normally sent out 19.45 to 20.00hrs

Enjoy

PAPPACLART, Warren and Motorhead_51 like this.
  12. Cheers pal.

I'll keep an eye out for the invite. I came home from work today and my son told me you replied and that he replied back with "see you soon" - he's 7 and I initially thought what the hell did he write back :)

Anyway I'm from Dublin (although I guess you know that already but what you don't know is that I am not a Duke in any way)

I'm new to PC and the PS4 is general. My prime gaming days were back between 94-2005. Mix of all but car sims are my thing. Taking a little bit of getting used to as there are so many setups and control inputs. I wont be in a position to get a wheel as I've already 1 divorce under my belt and would rather keep my home the second time round :p

Will be in a phase of trying to get a feel for the game but have already had enough of the public games whereby a good pass on the inside leads to a full on rear end crash at very next corner which is so frustrating. Please bear with me as I catch up on all thing PC but I'm sure with a little guidence and research I'll be racing mid-division soon enough.

Thanks lads & I'll see you soon.

P.S. as i told you my son broke our headset so have another 3 arriving soon as I know he'll do it again.

Duke

Warren

13. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

Welcome Duke! From Motor_Head51........Looking forward to seeing you on track! To bad about the Duke part, thought we might have royalty moving in;)

cokebloke likes this.
  14. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

I forgot this was here haha.

numbnuts70

Welcome aboard Warren. :)

cokebloke likes this.
  15. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

No probs Duke we have some really quick guys in the club Nuts being one of them. The first season I joined I pretty much came last in every race, not much better now but its so much fun with a good bunch of lads.
    We are always willing to help and advise any new sim racer so just stick at it and you will soon become an old pro...... just like another member I know.........Jim is in the part of the name:rolleyes:..... Hi Jim....

Jimantonic'82 likes this.
  16. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Welcome =)

17. Welcome along Warren.
    Don't worry about Nigels (cokebloke) sense of humour, you'll soon learn to tolerate (or ignore) it...

Psst, by the way, if there is ever any trouble on track its usually him who starts it... :p

18. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Welcome to GBRC Warren - Please send me a friends request on PSN (bnic11)

GBRC originally ran full racing seasons with Gran Turismo 5 & 6. While numbers have tailed off without a Gran Turismo game for PS4, we have run PCars events since July 2015.

Project Cars is a tough one on the pad, but I do have a reasonable setup which may help you if needed.

Here's a link to GBRCs test times (done in TT mode) around the Nurb GP track - why not use this as a guide or reference for your own times.

http://www.gtarena.com/community/threads/gbrc-pcars-test-times-nurb-gp.2596/

As the lads have said, try and join in some of the Casual Races every Thursday & Sunday evenings.

Cheers, Bruce

cokebloke likes this.