1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

Please Read GBRC Online Racing Rules

Discussion in 'GBRC Welcome' started by bnic11, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Errrm, think my joke was missed Nige!!
    I wasn't having a pop!

cokebloke likes this.
  2. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

He's just a trouble maker Jim.

Must admit most forums topics do end up being arse jokes between the two of you :confused:

cokebloke likes this.
  3. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Oohhh no now I really do feel embarrassed talk about red faced....
    when I saw the comment because it had a question mark after it not an emoji I thought I had upset you I am so glad that wasn’t the case, sorry for the misunderstanding Jim must admit I couldn’t understand it, phew what a relief.........even better means I can carry on insulting you where I can....:p

Zebaldus and Jimantonic'82 like this.
  4. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

the slow descent now. its all downstairs from here

cokebloke likes this.
  5. It might blow off over soon Ej...

cokebloke likes this.
  6. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

I feel a hole let better now alls good

Jimantonic'82 likes this.
  7. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Meanwhile, back at the GBRC Online Rules Research Department......
    [​IMG]

Zebaldus, cokebloke, Lunchbox and 2 others like this.
  8. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

I was going to say, after all these years, I have never known Jim to be so anal about an arse joke.......

Zebaldus, Jimantonic'82 and cokebloke like this.
  9. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Back on topic good comments Jim not the arse ones just the track limits
    Here is a few things I've noticed in gt sport shame I never had these problems in the last 2 years playing pc and asseta
    One of the extremes peaple go to win a race thats if they don' knock you off I have noticed that in a race with fuel deg on they hit the pause and go to auto drive you notice due to 4 way flashing on car in this mode no fuel is used they can do it for a limited time to save fuel the extremes peaple go to win

I think we have to be less anal to attract new members so a don' give a feck may work better apart from muppets that can not do a clean race with out smashing you off or peaple who cheat

Motorhead_51 and cokebloke like this.
  10. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

I have done some testing on Interlagos, Dragon trail and Nurburgring GP and i have to say the way the game identifies the track limits is spot on. Again the game recognises the curb as track and 4 wheels off the curb is classed as cutting so with that in mind i think it would be safe to use the games interpretation of track cutting given the problems that changing these limits (has i explained above) would cause.

Nice work on the graphical examples Bruce thanks for the time.

[​IMG]

The game does not class this has off limits even if all four wheels go on the grass because its the exit of a corner and on a straight.

[​IMG]

The large curb is recognised as track by the game but i have checked with other corners on other circuits that if four wheels where on the red part it would be classed as cutting.

If you left the track opposite the apex on a corner there is no penalty it is obvious that it's not faster. But if its a fast corner then there is a penalty issued.

If we used option 2 someone could be accused of cheating using Bruce's option 1 even though the game says its clean.
    During races track limits can be bent a little in the real world i think we can all agree to that as Kevin, Jim and ej have pointed out.
    So the race boundaries are not in question in my eyes unless it's blatant and repeated but we have rules for this.

When setting a fast lap we all know that once we reach a limit any penalty requiring to ease off ruins the lap.

So my position on this is curbs are track and i would use the games interpretation of this for ease of use and clarity.
    There is no consensus so i propose a vote.

Option 1 curbs are the track, two wheels on the curbs using the games interpretation.

Option 2 two wheels on tarmac and/or white lines.

11. Option 1.

12. Well thats just taken the wind right out of it, eh lads?

cokebloke likes this.
  13. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Option 1

14. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Bit cheeky I thought

Jimantonic'82 likes this.
  15. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Option 1

16. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

option 1, I never do a number 2 when people are around

17. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

YOU JUST CAN’T MAKE THIS SHIT UP!!!!!;)

Option 1

#57 Motorhead_51, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    cokebloke and Jimantonic'82 like this.
  18. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

19. Clay.GT1372

Club ALV

Howiyas lads!!! Happy new year to you all.
    I know I know its been WAY too long n yee all miss me like a fat kid misses cake...
    Im still a ways off making a comeback, that's a whole other saga/rant #fufanatec....utterdissapointment.
    Ive had a few spins on Cals since GTsport came out, well impressed and hopeful for the future.

Said I'd drop my 2cents into the pot, being around motorsport most of my life I hope I can help a wee bit.
    The two points, 1. Track Limits and 2.Contact. are by far and away the most difficult to address in real life as in our virtual world.
    Imo its fairly simple and requires an amount of maturity and respect from everyone involved.
    In real life before each days racing a Clerk of the Course (CoC) holds a drivers briefing, if you don't attend you don't race simple as.
    The CoC more or less set out how the event will be ran, what to do in certain situations where to go for assembly, how incidents and accidents are handled and specific track limits etc.
    Granted a certain amount of knowledge is expected regarding flag rules, basic motorsport ethics etc. which I think is more then covered in the club rules.
    Our club rules are spot on and need only very slight if any altering. Imo we want to be setting the standard, end of.

So maybe implement a ''CoC notes'' in the op for each event as I think both issues are best managed on a case by case basis.

Eg...
    Brandshatch GP.
    ***Track limits to note, (can't remember turn names so numbers may do)
    .Turn 3 exit, the meshed area running beside the curb is out of bounds and not an extension of the curb.
    .Turn 7 apex, caution as it's blind and just over a crest, very easy to cut.

Koyoto yamaihfsvjdkdkd reverse... or whatever it's called.
    ***Contact areas.
    Downhill esses must be treated with caution this is not an overtaking section.

Do not under any circumstances take a less anal approach. Members will come with a better more visable site presence in the lobby's. Things like lobby names, rather than gbrc (no one knows what it is and its not exactly inviting) use www.GTarena.com folk will still find gbrc once the know where to go. Maybe for the future aim to have a lobby up every night for an hour r 2, like most things in life the more we put into it the more we'll get out of it.

ejd_eire and Jimantonic'82 like this.
  20. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Number 1 never at work