1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event GBRC Q1 Rocket Car Cup

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by Tommyzoom99, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uwanq

Club GBRC Senior Member

anyone know which variant of Motegi we'll be on this Sunday? I'm guessing it's the largest one?

2. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

I would say with 13/29 laps it will be the full track Derek

3. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

If the issues arise again tomorrow im just going to bugger off and test more potential car classes for ALV

4. Tommyzoom99

Aministrator Club GBRC

full track dorsi mate

hi lads been a busy week for me,

looking at the posted div2 results i cant see a couple of the names in the pictures, and if the pole position and 2 fastest laps could be posted as well i will update

if some one could post the results from last week that would be great.

cheers tommy

#224 Tommyzoom99, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  5. Tommyzoom99

Aministrator Club GBRC

i cant believe those pics zeb some crazy stuff going on, kept crashing my PS3 was very strange

lets hope its sorted tonight

cheers tommy.

6. tyrrell_

Club GBRC

Past few days I haven't had any lobby trouble, but then I've only had a few people in at most...

7. Drock7899

ALV Club Admin Club GBRC Club ALV

I am going to withdraw from rocket D2 race today just got in from moving another 5 inches of snow and I don't have the attention span needed to race today. Sorry

8. tyrrell_

Club GBRC

I'll have Div 2 lobby up in about 10 mins or so.

9. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

I'm at my witts end w these POS servers!!!!!! Narrowly avoided any problems in the first race after only seeing nigel then rejoining. then 2nd race as you guys started..."you have been disconnected from the server." and then again when I rejoined. (End rant!) Ill give it a shot next week but if it keeps going then ill have to pull the plug.

Now well done Calvin on the first race win (and probably the championship) I botched and spun it but made up ground and "dude I almost had you." paul walker moment at the very end. I was confident I could close the gap through the series from the potential points lost last race but that wont happen now and Ill just keep tumbling w these problems. Have fun guys! See you on track (hopefully sooner than later lol)

#229 RacingRoman23R, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  10. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

You had great pace in race 1 Roman, I could see the gap closing after your spin but didn't want you to struggle too much so spqn in sympathy gifting you my place...!
    Well done Calvin on the two wins, apologies to both you and Clay, my spacial awareness wasn't quite in tune last night and I closed the door on both of you at least once each, didn't quite realise you had a nose infront when I turned in, although a little advice to Calvin, I left you a cars width in the esses on lap 20, but you still managed to run slightly deep and nudge me, might pay when trying a move like that on the inside to adjust entry speed and only use a cars width of the track as thats all I'm likely to leave you!!
    Also Carl mentioned about the very late braking moves that were carried out on the back straight, you'll probably find that the only reason these moves worked is the fact that people saw you coming and didn't turn in to aavoid contact, even when it was thwir right to do so as they were still the lead car at that point.

Unlucky to Tom in race 2, was giving almost all I had and the bloody gap wouldn't drop below six seconds for what felt like hours! Like Carl said, if you'd have just kept it on track I'm pretty sure a decent podium if not a win would have been yours.

Another good nights racing, although I was a little unprepared for it with minimal practice, in fact until Thursday I thought we were at Bathurst until I joined Steve for a little run round Motegi.

11. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Well done to Calvin for his wins last night.

Nice to finally get some racing in without being disconnected. Still seem to be struggling for pace with this car after the last few updates, not sure if its the revised tyres & mid-engined handling tweaks, but just dont have the 'feel' for it at all now.

Still, had a great battle with Tommy & Coke in Race 2....must watch the replay

12. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

13. Tommyzoom99

Aministrator Club GBRC

Great racing last night lads really enjoyed myself was tough but once i got my eye in found some reasonable pace for about 13 laps ha, well done clavin and all podium sitters. </SPAN>

@roman it seems like you have a problem with your connection seems every week now your struggle and you said you went to watch div 2 race and it kicked you from there so i don’t think it’s the host, something you might want to sort out if you’re going to be running events for ALV maybe try what Coke and Calvin did and get a proper gaming router cause i don’t think the problems our end, seemed alright last night even Bnic got 2 races..dont know what else we can do really</SPAN>

Anyway first race for me was terrible crashed out rubbish</SPAN>

Second race i found some pace and managed to get down into the 2.04s had a great battle with Scenga with fido up the front until my rustiness got the better of me and crashed on lap 13, i was a bit gutted but to my delight i rejoined just in front of bnic and coke and ended up having a great side by side battle with them both for the remainder of the race, great race craft there, we must of swapped places 10 times between us 3 in a short space of time</SPAN>

Just glad i got to race this week after last week. thanks for the comments Janner :)</SPAN>

What i have decided to do (good idea from Calvin and Clay) is due to the connection issues and last week’s problems i am going remove everyone’s worse 2 results from the event same as FIA.</SPAN>

Also lads I have asked a few times now I need Div 2s tsukuba results with fastest lap and Pole + the names i can’t see, I also need the ascari results please im not asking for much here. </SPAN>
    Cheers Tommy</SPAN>

#233 Tommyzoom99, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  14. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Yeah its so weird. Even before all these problems with everyone last week I was fine until your PS3 froze and made another room and I decided it would help everyone and clear my internet cache as I always did in GT5. I mean it was improved this weekend even thought I had to jump out during qualy. The first race after I spun I was gaining on bruce w carlos and stuff and it look like carlos went into the weeds then disconnected. Then calvin and jim were glitching but I wasn't close enough to them to affect me. What I SHOULD of done is after the first race jump out then in again and just went to the back at the start. After you guys left I stayed on with Phil, Jim, and some ALV members did some public lobbies and it was fine with the same room count as we had for D1. The only other thing I can think off is maybe try me hosting the next event and see.

I do know about the gaming router and I have looked into it but I would have to run a separate internet line which means a different ISP address and the lot and I would have to pay my own internet service and as we American college students normally say...."Broke college kids problems :lol:"

The only thing I would want to be clarified is what about if you missed a race completely (i.e. couldn't get into the room due to connection issues or you just didn't show up)

15. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Blame the NSA!

16. Calvin_P93

Club GBRC

great racing again last night lads as always really enjoyed it, i was deffo afew kilos lighter after the two races from all the pressure that Jim was putting me under.

i really enjoy motegi think its a cracking race track full of overtaking opportunities, i dunno why but i decided to quali and race in cockpit view it was hard to get used to at first but i found i was able to controle my steering alot easyier from being able to see the steering wheel. in the races i found it to be a little more difficult as you cant see the mirrors its a bloody nightmare to judge where anyone is behind you and as a result of this there was some defensive contact on my behalf with roman and Jim, terribly sorry lads wont be using that silly view again.

race one was was a great race for me as im certain roman would have been many seconds up the road if he didint spin, showed sheer determination to get back upto second from last great drive. race two was all about being calm and steady as it was a long one. Everyone was well upup to pace early on, Tommy, Steve and Carlos making an instant brake away looked like some great racing.Managed to find myself at the front of the pack ( gutted for you Tommy, u were going so well ) had Jim brething down my neck again just like race one, we had some super close racing swapping places afew times in the heat of battle great racing as always Jim.

Unlucky roman u seem to be getting plagued with server problems and getting dissconnected i think its safe to say that its just about messed up your rocket championchip. Come onnnn GT, PD and Sony we want our community back:argue: :Cry:

Peace out:peace:
    Cal

17. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

yeah shame really. Technically last championship (KOTR in GT5) I won by luck so guess its only fair I lose by (Bad) luck. You're a hell of a driver though and I tip my hat off to you for your consistency (and I will get you back in a future series :thumb:)

18. Tommyzoom99

Aministrator Club GBRC

yes very strange i roman buddy, i just worry with me Scenga and tyrrell all hosting and you got kicked from ever room then theres something wrong, i would be more than willing to try and let you host next week and hopefully it might work! :)

For the points deduction i will clarify that the worse 2 results even if you couldn't race due to connections etc will be removed

cheers tommy

#238 Tommyzoom99, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  19. tyrrell_

Club GBRC

TSUKUBA RESULTS (according to my handwritten notes - was booted from race 2, remember).

(DNFs not included)

POLE: Uwanq

R1:
    1. tyrrell (FL)
    2. uwanq
    3. squid
    4. muttz
    5. zeb
    6. drock
    7. silverline
    8. jamiengem
    9. russmariner

R2:
    1. uwanq (FL)
    2. squid
    3. jamiengem
    4. silverline
    5. muttz
    6. zeb
    7. drock

MOTEGI RESULTS:

POLE: dranddad

R1:
    1. muttz
    2. uwanq
    3. jamiengem
    4. squid
    5. zeb
    6. dranddad
    (I was kicked, FL not recorded)

R2:
    1. squid
    2. uwanq
    3. jamiengem
    4. muttz
    5. silverline
    6. tyrrell
    7. dranddad (FL)
    8. zeb

Sorry for the late reporting.

Comment on my own performance:
    Utter shite - I apologise wholeheartedly. I was all over the shop, though fortunately did not involve anyone else in any significant way (as far as I could tell). Nevertheless I was a hazard to others. I put it down largely to not having enough to eat in the day, my blood sugar was low and I just couldn't focus. Noise from family downstairs exacerbated affairs. These are not excuses, only an explanation.

20. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Ascari results later

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.