1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event GBRC Q1 Rocket Car Cup

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by Tommyzoom99, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

Cheers Phil, you're a star :) that'll put me on 138 points then :)

#261 SILVERLINE, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  2. Tommyzoom99

Aministrator Club GBRC

hi silverline

yes my mistake i dont know how i missed that must of got mixed up when writing down all the finishing results from the races.

i have added your 8th place, but that is your worse result to date so bear in mind as it stands now you would lose that result along with your 7th at Tsukuba.

cheers tommy

3. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

Ok cheers Tommy, so your worse 2 results get deducted ? Not read the rules because I can't access them, the link doesn't work, tried on chrome and I.E !

4. PAPPACLART

Aministrator

what link is broken?

5. Tommyzoom99

Aministrator Club GBRC

these rules are specific to my event Silverline, they are stated in the OP.

cheers tommy

6. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

The link to the racing rules, When i click on it, it comes up with error !

7. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

ATTENTION DIVISION 1 - In order to fix the internet issues that has plagued me as of late tommy will let me host the division 1 race today. If you are not friends with me please add my PSN (RacingRoman23r) I will open the room an hour and a half before qualifying and do a simulated reset track and three lap race at 7:30 GMT to work out bugs/or see if im plagued again. See everyone later tonight

8. Tommyzoom99

Aministrator Club GBRC

No Problem Roman mate lets hope it works this week stupid servers.

I would also like to add if we have problems with romans room i will resume host.

Cheers Tommy

9. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

I hope so but after seeing Calvin's pace yesterday im in for a LONG day

10. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Sorry Tyrrell had to stop in the second race the lighting was playing havoc with my eyes.

11. Squidward1125

Club GBRC Club ALV

I had three misbehaving children I had to tend to

12. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Not sure if it was connection issues again or bizzare circumstances. The game froze for a minute. Then it said the dreaded "you have been disconnected from the server" and right after that my ps3 shut off all on its own :frusty::noidea:. Then as I was playing single player tommy got logged off then Clay then bruce. Someone in PD just did not want me to win this one lol. Well done calvin you pretty much all but won it. I will not run the finale next week I don't want to ruin it for anyone with connection glitches. Ill see those whos running in the endurance race on saturday. Have a good week and stay tuned on ALV!

13. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

Sorry to hear that Phil, hope ya ok matey !!

Congrats to Tyrell and Zeb :)

I really enjoyed that race despite making errors of my own, pleased with pole in the first race and should have done a lot better really.

The track made my eyes go a bit funny but I think it was because of the day time settings in the game, i noticed it was 16.00 and I had been practising with it set to 10am which meant the shadows were effecting the mountain section, not sure anyone else noticed but maybe this is a reason it effected you Phil !!

Enjoyed it cheers for Hosting Tyrell and no Disconnections eh ! ;)

14. Squidward1125

Club GBRC Club ALV

Way to bounce back for the win Zeb after I took you out in the first race.

Sorry to everyone I bumped...not good racing on my part. I have a feeling I'll be hearing from the "Race Admin"

15. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Div1 was a nightmare Roman kicked Tommy kicked and this left me hosting seems I had no grip then so we swapped to coke hosting this is now beyond a joke the championship isn't really a championship as the main contender can't race also that many disconnects that we may as well not bother seems the new bigger tracks seem to be unusable with coke hosting on a fixed connection it seemed better but then he seemed to be struggling if anything be better to have a 3 race shoot out at autumn ring as I'm sure this will race ok

16. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

I've noticed in the past friends in America have probs with getting into rooms, disconnections etc with people hosting from the U.K Maxx has always had this problem for as long as I can remember ( sorry maxx ) lol he would agree though. :/

17. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Well done Calvin & Steve.

It does seem the the new tracks are troublesome. Ascari & Bathurst are both big open tracks with lots of detailed modelling around them.

As you say Carl, it's making a mess of the championship......its Tommy's call, but we might have to think hard about to do this fairly.

18. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

I honestly appreciate the input from you guys but don't worry about it. I'm not bitter about it. There's always this part of racing that circumstances exist and they are beyond your control. I guess you can call it luck. That's just the nature of online racing you will have issues like this. In the end I had fun and I was competitive. That's all I ask! That's why I'm always coming back for more.

I have no shame in losing to Calvin. He proved he's on his way to becoming one of the elite drivers in GTArena. He brought the kitchen sink and I gave it everything as well. As I have stated I will get back at Calvin that's all :whistle:

19. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

It is disappointing for the members that were kiked off as you say Carl it's not a proper championship not that I'm doing that well.
    Struggled 2nd race as the sound started playing up again, lost it trying to switch to tv sound then gou bored on my own at the back and lost concentration.
    Well done to the podium winners you all did well, let's hope Sony pull their finger out and get something sorted.

20. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

First off congrats to Zeb, was chuffed for you when Derrick said you had won!!
    Very strange issues with the bigger tracks as Bruce has said, both Ascari and Butthurts go quite glitchy and stuttery on my system, and as Nigel found out last night Bathurst realy plays havoc with Turtle Beach head sets, 1st time it happened to me I thought it was a one off and didn't really register that it was at this track, but it has now happened another 4 times since then and always at Bathurst, last night it kicked in just as I started to catch Bruce on the last lap, part of the reason for me giving both him and Steve a nudge, but as soon as Bruce dc'd after tthe race it sorted itself out. (I'll blame Bruce then!!).

Well done Calvin and Steve on the wins last night, seeing as Roman is throwing in the towel Cal pretty much has the championship wrapped up, not bad for a noob!! ;)

Race 2 was a major headache, room issues, starting grid issues, then I tried waiting up a little to give a few places back and lost concetration so gave the barriers an inspection (yes they are dented for those that were wondering, at least they are now...), managed to finally get a bit of a feel for the track in the last third of the race at was hitting 20's, a bit better than the 22's at the start of race 1!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.