1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event GBRC Q1 Rocket Car Cup

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by Tommyzoom99, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Great racing in div 1 tonight. Looks like no one has missed a beat during the off season. Ecstatic I got the first Div 1 race win for gt6 and followed it w a 2nd w some good luck (unlucky Maxx for your off) well done to Calvin for your win in the 2nd race and it's going to be a tight one all series between myself, Maxx, Calvin, and janner. You guys don't make it easy!

2. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

here are the results of D1

Pole - RacingRoman 1:32.876

Race 1
    [​IMG]
    20140119_182031 by elias623, on Flickr

Fastest lap (if you cant see it) Calvin_P93 1:33.464

Race 2
    [​IMG]
    20140119_182353 by elias623, on Flickr

11th Place- GBRC_JannerJim

Fastest Lap - RacingRoman23R - 1:33.341
    (Janner you were REALLY close to my fastest lap. You had a 33.350 before you had to leave)

3. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Well.done.Roman, Calvin and Maxx for podiums/wins last night, as said had a 4 month old baby giving it welly all.through race 1, a little distracting to say the least, then in the break I said to the mrs I'll jump off to help out but she said carry on, so had added guilt to distract me further, managed to get into the 'zone' finally around laps 8, 9 and 10 until more distractions, lap 18 she burst into the room covered in chunder so had to jump out for sure.
    Well done to everyone that finished, tricky car/track combo, little more comfortable around Tsukuba though so looking forward to next week.

4. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Really enjoyed last nights races, although I still continue to give myself huge mountains to climb. Too many mistakes cost me and chance of some decent points, especially in the second race. Although, trying to keep Maxx and Roman at bay proved to be and impossible task. Overtaking I found nigh on impossible as well.

Just been watching my replays whilst cycling ( turbo trainer ) and I must apologise to Bruce for barging past in the second race on the first corner. Any deductions/ penalties will be fully understandable.

Congratulations to the winners Roman and Calvin, both had great pace and thanks to Tommy for organising and hosting.

5. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

A 1.33.4 what the hell am I doing so drastically wrong lol, nice time and yeah very awkward overtaking

6. Calvin_P93

Club GBRC

Great racing by all who participated in D1 last night. Well done to Roman, Max and Jim for super podium finishes, getting the rockets around brands is no mean feat so fair play to everyone for finishing.

my first race didint quite go to plan as i made way too many mistakes and let roman max and jim dissapere into the future but had an enjoyable race dicing with Scegna. Race two was much better and luck was also on my side as i got in front and drove carefully as everyone made mistakes behind me including clay who plumited to 7th (i think).

already getting excited for the next tace in Tskuba, its going to be a tight series throughout the grid and im sure there is going to be pleanty of great racing.

oh also big thanks to Tommyzoom for hosting great job jone :thumb:

7. Clay.GT1372

Club ALV

Top class racing in div 1, hats off to Calvin and Roman for the wins, its going to be a tight series from the looks of the first race Roman, Max, Jim and Calvin will be the ones to keep an eye on.

I had a disasterous first race, nerves got the better of me big time, Bruce im horrified for taking you out and ruining your race, I cant appolagise enough, no excuses I just bottled it.

2nd race was much better for me, got a good start but payed to much attention to what was going on behind me instead of just putting the head down and driving my own race, i held it in 2nd till lap 12ish then just went bakwards :(

All in all I really enjoyed myself, great event, thanks Tommy for hosting.

Cheers
    Clay

8. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

First off praise where praise is due, Roman having taken some stick from admin over the seasons you've taken it on the chin and improved no end I was very impressed with your approach and race craft 10/10 mate outstanding improvement.

Second I made comment after viewing race one from the viewing lounge that a number of guys were taking corners either to quick and running wide or tuning in to soon and cutting corners beyond the track boundary. At GBRC this is not acceptable from any member, new or old, as its seen to be ungentlemanly conduct and race admin take a very strong view on this.

Third although there wasn't a lot of contact, for that I think you can give yourselves a pat on the back, there was the old place whereby a move could have been disastrous for both parties. If you think for a moment that the move may not work then back off and wait for the next opportunity, you'll find it get the adrenalin pumping even more than both spinning off track.

Congrats to the podium places and the field made for enjoyable viewing.

If you watch your own reply and see you made no mistakes then you can hold your head high, if you did make mistakes then you have lots to work on before the next race.

#88 GT_Phill, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  9. Tommyzoom99

Aministrator Club GBRC

Well done lads
    </SPAN>
    Was some good racing thought out the field, I had two distinctly below average races last night and crashed out of both early on, should of put a lot more practice in, nervousness got the better of me and instead of getting my head down, I was worrying about everyone else and that’s that I suppose, but even so I was miles behind on race 2 with 24+ laps to go, still got my head down and went for it. </SPAN>

I’m going to have to practice, practice and practice this week to make sure at round 2 I’m on form as I do love the little track always makes for some close racing. </SPAN>

Thanks for the results Roman i will update the championship standings this week as soon as i get a chance.</SPAN>

If someone from div 2 can post the results that would be ace.</SPAN>

Cheers Tommy</SPAN>

10. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Thanks Phil it means a lot. But give the race stewards team and the admin a pat on the back too as well as some of the older members that have given me stick. You guys taught me not to force the issue and let the race come to me. Started doing that and the wins started coming in. So credit to you guys too. I'll post some pics sometime this week.

11. tyrrell_

Club GBRC

Pole Position: tyrrell_1

Race One:
    1. tyrrell_1
    2. Squidward1125
    3. RER-SILVERLINE
    4. VagueGT
    5. MuTTz-Nexus
    6. jamiengem
    7. Zebaldus
    8. Russmariner85
    9. Drock7899
    10. Sprockutt - DNF
    11. GBRC_C7 - DNF
    Fastest Lap: tyrrell_1

Race Two:
    1. tyrrell_1
    2. RER-SILVERLINE
    3. Squidward1125
    4. jamiengem
    5. MuTTz-Nexus
    6. VagueGT
    7. Zebaldus
    8. Russmariner85 - DNF
    9. Drock7899 - DNF
    10. Sprockutt - DNF
    Fastest Lap: tyrrell_1

12. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

13. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Nice pics roman and well done in a class off your own

14. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

It´s lonely back there :tongue:
    deoASQcihnD7DiJokews7gI4y-wlti5HSnY0g3jv4ZY.jpg

15. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

Very nice pic

16. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Love the picture Paul, has a warm glow about it.

17. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

=) thx

18. Drock7899

ALV Club Admin Club GBRC Club ALV

Had I not dropped my connection Z that would have been my view only from a lot further away lol

19. Uwanq

Club GBRC Senior Member

Uwanq , DIV 2, Wildcard.

20. tyrrell_

Club GBRC

Yes Dezza! Hope you're able to make it tonight.

I am pleased to report that expected weather today, at Tsukuba, will be sssuuunnnnnyyy! None of that GT5-style boring cloudy overcast rubbish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.