Welcome to GT Arena

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

GBRC VRS event

Discussion in 'Versus Events' started by carlos77744, Aug 31, 2012.

1. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

OP POST EDITED

[​IMG]

GBRC vs TCR
    [​IMG]

Turbonato and GT_Phill have kindly organised GTArena's first proper Inter club event! For now it will start out as a casual affair but if interest is great enough then it can certainly be a regular GTArena fixture.

TCR already have 8 willing drivers so it is up to you GBRC boys to put forward 8 willing participants for some clean, fun and competitive racing.

Racing will take part in GBRC_Casual lounge so please make sure that you are added so that you can participate.

Dates and times are not fixed yet, as that is still open for discussion so please pop over to the discussion thread to offer up your suggestions.

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]

Look in the GBRC_Casual Lobby track list, you'll find the first TCR track to download

#1 carlos77744, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2013
  2. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Here is a thought; we are all looking for that little bit more we can squeeze out of this great game and keep the interest of the members will still have, not many I know.

Looking at this thread got me thinking, how about TCR vs GBRC I’m sure there are enough regular members that would enjoy a full gird ish on casual bases.

Or if race admin GBRC / TCR would like to talk it over, it could be made official race event but with everything else going on maybe casual would be better.

Here are some names that I know are very active in both.

Joylord / Turbonato / Cobani / Pasm / Weescotman / Spy / ?
    Tommy / Numbnuts / Rams1de / Daan / Carlos / Eriba / ?

Yes I know I’ve not listed all names, and I’m sorry if you feel offended by me not adding your name in the list, my intention was just to show that this could be a thing for the future.

3. VagueGT

Club GBRC

Screw you phil :)

4. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

5. Tommyzoom99

Aministrator Club GBRC

i would be up up for it Yodaeriba, dont know how i missed this first time round

cheers tommy

6. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

As its a Officially sanctioned GT Arena Club vs Club competitions it would have to be done by Race Admin, just thought it maybe something that would go down well with both clubs.

If GBRC race admin talks to TCR race admin you maybe able to come up with a plan, once a year, once every couple of months

I sure members of both race clubs would be all for something new and challenging.

Edit: I've been contacted about an 8 member vs 8 members TCR / GBRC on maybe a Friday / Saturday night, this could be very good for both clubs as active member numbers still continue to fall.

Now I'm not race admin so this would have to be sorted by race admin from both clubs, but from my Prospective a 2 – 1 ratio would be workable, World track / TCR track, this would give members that are very hard pressed for time due to life, the opportunity of two weeks to practise the said TCR track.

We could run a team colour for each team as I know you like your paint and wheel jobs, good chance to meet others and race with full grids. I doubt that we would get a full 8 members from both sides, which will leave room for wild cards; this will be open for new and old members to join in when spaces are available.

This is my thoughts on this type of event, but would be upto race admin from both clubs to work out the finer points like, weekly,fortnightly, monthly races, never know could be a good promotional event to entice new members into both clubs too.

#6 GT_Phill, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  7. PAPPACLART

Aministrator

I wlll get a news item up tmrw to ensure more people see this. Once I do may be worth you posting this up on GTP TCR thread.

If somebody has time to make a banner with both GBRC and TCR logos, that would be awesome.

8. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

I’ve seen at GTP this is already being discussed Ryan, it does look favourable from what I’ve read there, hope it will be the same here at GBRC too.

Let’s see what our great race admin can come up with, I’m sure it would be a good event knowing the gamesmanship of both clubs.

My thoughts.

#8 GT_Phill, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  9. Challenge

[​IMG]
    Designed by Cobani (TCR)

We have our 8 drivers ready, just need some dates confirmed and checked that everybody can make it.
    Using the GBRC room would be great. I think a one off for know is a great idea and if it works then we could do a monthly challenge.
    I know it's still early days but using a stock car for both tracks might be a better idea and equal all round.

So far our drivers line up are:
    Turbonato
    Joylord
    Capt.D
    Cobani
    Weescotsman
    Pasm
    Spyrrari
    Sheeshyman
    Phil?

#9 Turbonato, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2013
  10. c7mpr

Club GBRC Senior Member

This is looking great guys, sorry I havn't commented before now.

Really happy for this to go ahead as it's a great idea.

Not sure if or when I can make it but that is irrelevent, clear it with Tommy and get it on.

Nice one.

11. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

This does sound good but I'm afraid I struggle to get on to get practice for the GBRC events as it is, although I am sometimes on on fridays but it is never predictable enough, if I'm on and it's taking place I'll happily join in, all be it at disadvantage on the TCR tracks.

12. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks for the input Leon, Jim I do understand that most here at GBRC are pushed for time, this is why I said that time and place be sorted by admin.

Monthly would be a good start with a world track and stock car, one of the best ways of breaking the ice
    I find also gives members on both side time. I did say to pass this by Tommy, but Tommy has already posted on this idea for the two clubs.

Let say would any members of GBRC that would be interested in a club vs club event, please post your name here in the thread showing your interest, then take it from there.

Phillip

13. JamienGem

Club GBRC

Sounds good, count me in time permitting

14. PAPPACLART

Aministrator

Great work on the banner Turbonato, really appreciated it though it should be GBRC vs TCR as both are GT Arena Clubs! lol

I will get a news Item up. Cheers

15. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Very true pappa, but the praise should got to my good friend Cobani on his fantastic work as always, over time his work has astonished me time and time again, a great asset to TCR and I hope GTarena.

I'm putting together a new thread to help admin and await their approval, this will just show a full list of interested members from both teams. Also a list of wild card members, we all know that our time is limited and members from both teams can't always make it due to pressures of life.

So I would propose that in the interests of fair play, gamesmanship and full grids plus giving wild card members the chance to race when life gets in the way, they can race for both sides (On loan as you will) but their points are halved and awarded to both teams, I'm sure you understand where I'm going with this.

So come on guys let’s try and make this event the place to be old or new members put your name to paper, committed or wild card we need as many as we can get.

16. Phil do you have a track and car in mind yet?

17. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

I really fancy this event but would have to see exactly when it is to see if I can reliably attend.:)

18. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

The way I see it Nigel is to get as many members to put pen to paper and show their interest, I know we have a full calendar as it is and attendance from members is fantastic with what little time life allows.

I have all the time in the world and even I find it hard to commit at time so how you get on is beyond me, in steps the need for wild cards which can cover for the times that members can’t make it. New fresh ideas is what keep our interest and coming back for more, I would like to see a full list of members especially more new members names, don’t matter if we have more than we need, we have more than one lounge.

Turbonato
    Dave it’s not up to me, that’s down to race admin unless they ask me to sort something, same with world tracks and TCR tracks and ratio of 2 – 1 race admin may not be happy with that so I can’t comment.

At the moment I’m trying to get members interest in what looks like a fresh idea which we’re all looking for, I’m just a lowly gofer :rofl:site admin, not with the race admin gods. :director:

19. PAPPACLART

Aministrator

Its cool Phill, any Admin can organize an event so don't worry.

I have sent an e-mail to all site members advising of the TCR vs GBRC possible competition.

Also I will add to what Phill has said, if you are interested in taking part just put your name down and I guess a date will be worked out that can best suit all or most who wish to take part.

Cheers guys

20. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member