Welcome to GT Arena

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

GBRC VRS event

Discussion in 'Versus Events' started by carlos77744, Aug 31, 2012.

1. The colour we have chosen for our mini ones will be red with different colour rims.
    have you guys chosen a team colour yet?

2. BUCHANPOWER

Club GBRC

I'm running in an Aston DB9 06 just now to join tonight I hope this is the right car

3. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

It's the Mini 07 from recommended garage tonight Buch. I expect the DB9 will be next week.

The alternative TCR track is a lot easier than the one we'd tried the other week but still needs a bit of practise.

4. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thats ok bnic, I hope members that have not put their names down for this come along as wild cards for a night of fun.

Buch rams is spot on we're starting with a nice easy combo for the first race Mini 07 at Tsukuba circuit

Next week is TCR combo DB9 at Sammy2 R8 this track is down loadable from the GBRC_Casual lobby click on the track list icon and you'll be able to download this track for practice.

First Combo can be found here.

I've started off with the easiest combo I could think of just to break the ice, but should be very close racing from start to finish.

#64 GT_Phill, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  5. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Great fun tonight everyone. An excellent combo to get things started and a better turnout than I was expecting. A few more drivers would be the icing on the cake.

I'm up for testing the TCR track on Tues or Wed.

6. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Great start to this club vs club event, big thanks to everyone that turned out I know it was very short notice but I felt we had to get something going.

I kept the first race to the normal GBRC 20 minute race and a 40 minute, although 16 laps of Tsukuba with Turbonato breathing down my neck all 16 laps was very intense. I took poll after quali and set off into turn one, knowing that this combo was going to be great for close racing, but do you think I could break Dave’s hold in 2nd place on the draft, like hell I could, top marks Dave on not letting me get away, and on fastest lap in race1, 1’11.800 and finishing 2nd.

There were good battles all throughout the field, not that I saw much, was not able to take my eyes of the track and Dave for a second, I’m sure they will report on their race.

After the win for GBRC in race one, I started at the back of the grid race 2 on Comfort Soft tyres with Turboato just in front of me, after the first few laps Jamie and Rams were locked head to head just in front of Dave (Turboato) lap after lap he tried to pass but the two GBRC team mates kept Dave at bay. A little more into the 32 laps approaching the last corner Jamie, Rams and Turboato were 3 abreast, thinking this is not going to work out well I planned on a move round the outside knowing that they have to slow right down, sure enough the gap opened up on the outside, laughing so much watching these 3 battle I completely missed judged my approach and ran straight on into the kitty litter. Pitted on lap 16 then got my head down and managed a 3 place podium finish and fastest lap for race 2.

TCR race event for Friday 19th April will be posted asap DB9 Sammy 2 R8 track.

Can I ask now that the next GBRC member in the list picks the next combo? (JamienGem) this will be for Friday 26 April

This will give members lots of notice, as Rams said we could still do with more names (wild Cards) to fill in when others can’t make it due to personal life.

#66 GT_Phill, Apr 13, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  7. Phil it was an epic night of racing, I'm sure all the guys enjoyed the battles and close racing.
    But for me it was staying with you to the end as you were very consistent through out the evening.
    I don't have to say anything else Phil as you have just explained it perfectly.Thanks to all who joined, its you guys who made a good night of racing to remember so I better
    get next Friday nights event ready.

8. PAPPACLART

Aministrator

Sorry guys that i could not make it, had to fly back to london to see my dad as he wad unwell. Just got back to italy. Will try and get on tmrw night. Thanks to all that organised and took part.

9. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Sorry to hear about your dad Ryan hope he gets well soon.

Finishing order of race 1 @ Tsukuba in the Mini 07 GBRC vs TCR.

[​IMG]

Race 1 Eriba pole, Turbonato fastest lap 1'11.800
    Podiums 1st Eriba; 2nd Turbonato; 3rd weescotsman
    Race 1 points GBRC = 70 | TCR = 72

[​IMG]

Race 2 fastest lap Eriba 1'11.570
    Podiums 1st Turbonato; 2nd weescotman; 3rd Eriba.
    Race 2 points GBRC = 61 | TCR = 78

Total points after first race TCR = 150 | GBRC = 131

#69 GT_Phill, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  10. [​IMG]

EVENT 2

SAMMY R8

DB9
    from the recommended garage.
    Fuel/Tyre wear set to fast

Two races

Race one 12 laps sports medium tyres no mandatory pit stop.
    Race two 25 laps reverse grid of race one, sports hard/sports medium tyres
    one mandatory pit stop for tyre change.

Minimum 5 full laps on track on sports hard tyres, plus 1 out lap and 1 in lap =7 laps total.

#70 Turbonato, Apr 15, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  11. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

That's the same lap count as last week. I'm guessing race pace on good tyres will be about 1:41 - 1:42, so next Friday will run a lot longer than last week. It'll be ok for me, not sure about others - Phill? Jamie?

12. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

I've asked Dave to drop the lap count to 13 & 26 or even 12 & 25 rams that should put us close to the 20 / 40

13. Done Phil first race will be 12 laps, second race will 25 laps.
    looks like we are going to have a full grid this Friday.

14. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Second race event Friday 19th April 20:00 Hrs GBRC Casual Lobby

Looks like TCR may have a full grid of 8 for this race (see link)

Come on guys don't let GBRC down, lets see if we too can get a full house of 8 on the grid this Friday 19th.​

#74 GT_Phill, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  15. JamienGem

Club GBRC

Not sure if I can make it this week, also not keen on tracks I don't know as I don't get any time to practise? Will be there if her indoors is out though!

16. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks Jamie, could you put forward a race for event 3 for Friday 26th

If all the guys take it in turn of picking a combo I'm sure we'll come up with good races for GBRC.

Try to keep to the 20 minute race and the normal GBRC 40 minute race if poss.

17. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hope you can make it Jamie. I've got the track on share if anyone wants it for practise.

18. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

At the moment TCR are recruiting a very strong team ofplayers, how much do you hold the honour of GBRC, are we going to let TCR drive us into the ground, after watching you all over the past months I’m confident you can give them a good fight.

19. JamienGem

Club GBRC

Looks like I have permission for Friday, day off tomorrow so ill choose a combo

20. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Great Jamie that make 4 of us so far to uphold GBRC honour.