Welcome to GT Arena

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

GBRC VRS event

Discussion in 'Versus Events' started by carlos77744, Aug 31, 2012.

1. LOL, just kidding Phil, I'm just going to need a lot of practice with that car as I've never driven it.

2. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hey guys look here, TCR must be getting worried importing ringers now from the Sunday cup to run Jamie’s Elise 111r @ Autumn Ring
    So if there are any Elise racers out there in GBRC like Badmotorfinger; Lieven; Sonam; fido and others your club needs you.:boxing:

We still have places to fill

Maybe 8:30 race start is still a good idea Dave, I know Cobani likes a lateish start, as you know he's an hour in front, others work late so it will give them a little more time too, still open the room early for pre-race practice 8pm ish.

Early promotion for Friday 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] May looks like Potsbrough circuit 8* is on the cards for this event. I’ll post the track in the Casual lounge track list for you to download and practice.

#102 GT_Phill, Apr 21, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  3. Again Phil if you didn't walk out on us we would have you, sly

4. GBRC VRS TCR video

[video=youtube_share;eA7kzm_slUw]http://youtu.be/eA7kzm_slUw[/video]
    I could only manage editing the first race as it was just to long to get both in, enjoy.

5. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Great work on the video Dave, nice to watch the slow-mo of the cars going over the hill.

6. Thanks Phil there was so much good racing that I had to put it in and just speed it up, tired now good night,LOL

7. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

We going with Potsbrough circuit 8* for Friday 3rd May as this we know is great racing too

This is a great track shared in the GBRC_Casual lounge track list for download

#107 GT_Phill, Apr 21, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  8. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Great video Turbo. Liked the intro and outro with driver images, nice touch.

9. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

10. JamienGem

Club GBRC

NASCAR? Noooo!

11. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

what how come phill i was looking forward to the lotus true GBRC this vrs event is 2 way we use there track they use our track ,

12. JamienGem

Club GBRC

Don't mind NASCAR so much as the oval tracks, once you lose the draft you're done for.

13. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Ok I see it’s a case of, some of the people some of the time not all the people all of the time.

I have made changes to both of TCR tracks, as in my opinion they were a bit to complex and I didn’t want GBRC to fight with the track, and members of TCR, looking after your best interests of good close racing enjoyment.

I know it’s a blow to some but these things are to be expected when trying to put on a new combo each week, bit more involved than a champion ship event.

As this is casual racing we could say which ever combo a member from each club picks, is the one we run, but then all we’ll see is it’s to complex as I don’t have the time to practice.

We’ll run Jamie’s combo the following week, as this gives more time for GBRC and TCR to practice.
    That will make it the 10[SUP]th[/SUP] May

Same as the TCR combo’s I’ve changed we’ll still run them at a later date.

I don’t want members from both clubs to think they can’t contribute, I said at the beginning I want you all to put forward a combo, helps my work load, but remember it’s early yet, we’re still treading water with these early combo’s.

No doubt some harder combo’s will come from TCR later in the club vs club.

I know you’re all highly intelligent guys, and I hope you can see I’m just looking after the two clubs enjoyment of the game.

#113 GT_Phill, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  14. JamienGem

Club GBRC

'I know you’re all highly intelligent guys, and I hope you can see I’m just looking after the two clubs enjoyment of the game.' not sure what makes you think that Phil?! Your help and organisation is very much appreciated as without you and the others who organise everything for us we would all be in public lobbies!

15. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks for that Jamie, I’m sure you know where I’m coming from.

The Nascar race is going to be a test of everyones game level, nobody is going to get lost, all we have to remember is turn left, left into the pits, left out the pit and left again round the top and bottom bend.

Going to be about team work this one, don’t think this track or car combo has been used before, so something new for all of us, there will be a number of pit stops as is true for Nascar, but where possible help your team mate with draft and letting them over take if on fresher rubber than yourself, work your pit stops to maximize your position on track and so on.

On paper I thought this idea is going to be so boring it’s untrue, but once I got into it, it’s going to be a very hard fort battle as a club vs club team vs team to secure the top 8 places, that is if we get 8 members turn out for this.

Nothing to learn here just push the go faster pedal and stay out of the walls.

#115 GT_Phill, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  16. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Actually sounds alright now you shed some light on the teamwork aspect Phil, still n8t sure if I'll be thrre or not though :(

17. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks Jim, I know the concept maybe a little vague but so as not to make it too long and boring I’ll let the members read between the lines.

This new idea of club vs club team vs team is all about team work, we all know there is no I in team, yes we all like to win races, I know members can’t always make it to support the team that’s why it’s casual at the moment as Ryan said.

This is where the wild cards come in, if you find yourself free Friday nights come along to the Casual lounge and support your forum /club / team if there is a free grid spot join in. TCR are leading the way at the moment as can be seen from the points, in my opinion their no better than GBRC just their working better as a team.

I still think this is a great idea, something new and fresh for us all to enjoy from the game we love playing, what we need is more support not just from the guys who have put their names in the hat, but from all the members of this great forum, we only need 8 members on a Friday to fill our grid places, which will give us a better chance of securing the top 8 places at the finish line.

18. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

I'm having to use wireless connection at the moment and it seems I was lagging when we raced last night. It'll likely be worse tonight with the Nascars bumper to bumper, don't want to spoil it for everyone.

19. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

I bet it has nothing to do with you Graham, we all think at the first sign of a problem it's my connection, were more often than not it's the ISP or PSN

20. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Maybe Phill, but definitely had problems with my network. My work laptop had been losing connection intermittently the last few days and Virgin tech couldn't see why.

I found out by accident that the devices using home plugs were connected to Internet via neighbours Sky network. The home plugs use the house electric wiring and the astounding thing is I live in a detached house, so how that's happened is still a mystery.

Anyway, I'm back on wired network using my own router now, so I'll give it a go.