Welcome to GT Arena

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

GT6 News GT6 Update v1.09 brings Red Bull Ring And New Cars

Finally GT6 v1.09 is here, and here with a surprise new track and several cars

1. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

[​IMG]

LINK TO NEWS

The old F1 track in Austria, I forget what it was called. EDIT I bothered to read it and its the A1 ring from the turn of the century(Österreichring before that).

Full of low speed corners after long straights with a high speed twisty bit in the middle lol.

Apologies for my technical appraisal haha.

Red Bull Link.

#1 numbnuts70, Jun 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2014
  2. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

3. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Nice find on the video Nuts.
    When I heard about this I looked at some on-board footage, and to be honest the track doesn't actually look too challenging, but the straights should make for some good draft to keep the racing close.

4. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Theres a lot more in this update. A couple more cars, a few on and offline tweaks and ( hopefully ) the camber problem has now been cured!

5. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Great news, another new track + a few more cars. PD are definatly making more of an effort now with DLC, long may it continue.
    Anyone downloaded it yet, whats it like ???

6. Clay.GT1372

Club ALV

Going home at lunch to download it :), cant wait to have a fiddle with the new camber settings, its been one of the main reasons for my lack of tuning so far, i'll be fooked if i was going to tune and then retune after the camber patch.

The A1 (refuse to call it the Red Bull) ring will be sweet for the higher powered motors, I remember it in one of the old F1 games, getting downforce right was always a female dog. the shorter track might be good for the lower classes.

7. Niku Driver HC

Club GBRC

I have given a few of the cars a quick try (bar the Toyota, need to gather that money, you know), and I also drove around the A1 Ring. I hadn't driven there since the first Toca Race Driver track, but the layout is barely unchanged, it just looks prettier (and has a giant bull sculpture to boot). Those first harpins are a doozie for overtake battles, the rest of the track is not bad either. As for the cars, the Volks is a grippy, quick-shifting race car of sorts, like most of the Vision cars. The GTI uniform and a actual interior view are just the icing on the cake. The Lexus, which was the car I drove around the A1, is a solid Touring Racing car, stable most of time and provides good grip. Overall, this update is a very good set of pleasant surprises, it gave the game some refreshing changes. Keep 'em coming, PD, this works very well.

8. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

My PS3 has packed up. Won't be bothering to replace it but reading of the physics improvement, new cars an tracks, I might try and get hold of a power supply unit to bring it back to life for a little longer.

9. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

Camber update hmm

10. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Sorry to hear that Rams......hope you can get back up & running before Q2 starts.

11. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Well, what does everyone think of the Red Bull Ring.........after lots of laps I'm starting to like it lots. You have to be so precise on turns 1 & 2, these are quite tricky in a MR car + there is not much space for a few cars to get through side by side. You can make up times in the sweeping corners past the Bull statue & the last two corners before the finishing straight are quite difficult to get right.

The short version is very short (59 secs in a Class C car) but turns 2 & 3 are quite tough to get right. Should be good for the lower powered car classes.

The only thing I don't like is the massive run off on some of the corners, which does not really slow you down enough. In an Arcade TT, there does not seem to be a penalty for going really wide on the run off areas.

12. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Toyota ts030 hybrid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally! That's all I really care about in this update lol

13. PAPPACLART

Aministrator

Merged threads together.

#13 PAPPACLART, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  14. PAPPACLART

Aministrator

Have not had much time but the physics do seem a little different. I done some more TT's at GV with class B using comfort softs and the cars seemed to move about a little more, but at the same time were more controllable and easier to recover from a tail slap. I need to do more testing.

Not done much at RBR. First impression is that the track seems a little boring but after more time I may grow to enjoy it.

15. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

I was watching a bit of F1 quali during my lunch break today and it reminded me of the recent update. Thought sod it, Assetto Corsa can wait a bit longer and ordered a replacement PS3.

Looking forward to testing the new physics changes and trying out the RBR.

16. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Well done Rams on your recent purchase :)

If PD keep on with the DLC then I'm sure we will have a bit more extended lifespan with GT6

I noticed as well the F1 guys having the same issues in the same corners on the Red Bull ring as I was the other night !
    I even did a Vettel & spun round twice on the last corners when running wide. Its quite a simple track with only a few corners but I really like it.

17. PAPPACLART

Aministrator

I was in a room today racing with some Americans. I was using a Gaairai GT300 at 580pp, the back end kept on flying out on those slow corners. Nothing I could tweak would help.

18. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

It was my first go with the new physics on the wheel last night, was using the Senna F3 car with Cal and EJ, first thing I noticed was that the steering felt an awful lot lighter with the setup I had, I added camber to front and rear and the Times improved but the steering was still light, ended up reducing front toe (technically increasing I suppose, -0.33 to -0.20ish) and the feeling came back to how I remember it.

19. Clay.GT1372

Club ALV

This updatet killed my PS3, cheers PD. Twill be the weekend till i sort a new one.

ejd_eire and PAPPACLART like this.
  20. PAPPACLART

Aministrator

Sorry to hear buddy, that sucks. That's 2 broken in the space of a week with Ram's going!!