1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

[Jun 30, 2019] FR Touring Car Championship (GBRC-lunchbox)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by Lunchbox, May 14, 2019.

You can not signup for this event...

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
FR Touring Car Championship
GBRC-lunchbox
Signups: 4
Posted By : Lunchbox
Start: Jun 30, 2019 08:00 AM
End: Jun 30, 2019 10:00 AM
Time Zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST
The following Races have signed up "Yes": 4
  1. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

[​IMG]

Permitted cars
    Renault Megane
    Peugeot RCZ
    Volkswagen Sirocco
    Audi TT

Series Regulations
    tyre and fuel x1
    BHP no more than 350
    Weight no less than 1200kg
    Racing medium tyres
    Qualifying 15 minutes
    2nd race reverse grid based on previous race with compulsory pit stop for tyres.

Venues

Dragon trail Gardens 2
    19th May
    12 lap
    16 laps
    Yamagiwa 9th June
    12 laps
    16 laps
    Catalunya 16thJune
    12 laps
    16 laps
    Redbull 23rd June
    12 laps
    16 laps
    Nurbergring GP 30th June
    10 laps
    14 laps

Results
    Scenga = 57
    cokebloke = 47
    Fido = 47
    Rob = 40
    lunchbox = 37
    Zeb = 32
    maridian = 26
    aldy = 8​

#1 Lunchbox, May 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  2. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

[​IMG]

Markhughes and Fido996 like this.
  3. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

look forward to this Jason should all be very close

Markhughes, Lunchbox and Robabt111 like this.
  4. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Been having a bit of fun with liveries for this. Got 3 so far, the first is very tongue in cheek after hearing some of the comments from Sunday, the second is a special one off sponsorship deal for the first round, and the third will be the on going livery for the rest of the series.

All I need to do is work out which car now. I'll be on later giving them all a thrash to decide.

5. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Tried 3 out of the four last night. From that narrowed it down to the Renault and the TT. Times around Gardens II were Identical. Still not sure which to go for, Although I'll probably base it on how the liveries look.

The Wella Racing TT looks OK but won't be used, just in case it happens to offend a hairdresser. The one-off livery for the first race looks good on both, it'll be whats used after. The Audi has a choice of 2 so far but struggling to find that scheme for the Megane.

6. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Really enjoyed last night once again, all the cars are very close.
    From what I can remember race one I got off to an ok start and it was a constant battle from there on in and ended up just trying to hang on behind Jason with Carl way ahead somewhere and thats where we all finished.
    Race two was more intense with a good battle with Rob, you where flying Rob, eventually getting by and then it was trying to catch Mark.
    I followed Carl into the pits with Paul right behind me and thats obviously how we all came out Paul was snapping at my heels and did get by at one stage it was a hard task getting the place back nice one Paul I then managed to retain third and finish in that position.
    Have to say everybody bar one drove really well which with the cars we where using created some brilliant racing.

Really felt for you Steve its disappointing when something like that happens hopefully you get the problem sorted soon.

I was disappointed for you as well Jason with Gidge or who ever he was knocking you off watching the replay it was
    wrong what he did AND he didn't wait.
    On that note I know we want as many drivers as we can he he was like one of the public lobby drivers.
    I feel he should be messaged pointing out his errors particularly the shunt he had with you and he should be advised
    of race ethics etc, if you want I could advise him if you would like me to.

Thanks Jason for organising the series and to everybody bar one who turned up and of course well done to Carl for two wins and good to see Mark at the sharp end on race two.

Cheers gents

7. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Not the start I was hoping for...

Noticed early on that the ABS was coming on as I was exiting slow corners. Great initially as it seemed to act a little like TCS. But then it started to stay on for longer. Tried a re-set, unplugging, everything short of using the Harley owners fine adjustment tool. A hammer!

Qualifying started and all seemed to be back to normal. However, 3 laps in and it returned, and it was starting to stay on for longer. Couple of bangs later things improved but I decided to wait until the race. Two laps in it was fairly clear it was a huge disadvantage as everybody had gone by. So, I set about trying to do a flash repair. This involved going down the stairs, out the back door, across the garden to the garage to fetch some WD40. Then the same journey, but in reverse, and on the first real challenge. Getting the pedal unit off of the footplate. To stop them moving I’d used 6 2in square 3M Velcro pad. They weren’t moving. Eventually got them free and set about unscrewing the base. From then on it was all over really. The accelerator pedal had one of the two returning springs snap, which was quite surprising as they’re quite meaty. Quick spray round, do everything back up and .... nothing now. Undo it all again for a closer look. That’s when I saw how it all actually worked. I have to say it’s all quite flimsy once it’s taken apart. What had happened now was the gearing between the base of the pedal and the potentiometer had un-synced. Getting it back is an absolute nightmare. My patience eventually ran out and I switched everything off, picked up the iPad, went on eBay in search of a new set. £35 later and they’re on their way.

So, not sure if they’ll be here for next weekend and then the Mrs hit me with looking for somewhere to go in the motor home next weekend, so I may not be able to make it anyway.

These Bank Holidays are starting to get to me now!

Robabt111 and Zebaldus like this.
  8. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

@Fido996 ...dont panic Steve next week is postponed until June 9th to allow for the bank holiday as Carl will probably be drunk
    and allowing for your series the week after.

Robabt111, Zebaldus and Fido996 like this.
  9. Robabt111

Club GBRC

What a great start to the new series some really close fast fun racing in fun cars on a fun track with fun people .

Race one having qualified 5th with a last minute flyer i was already on a high a decent start saw me holding 5th spot until Steve's probs kicked in promoting me to 4th . Now chasing Nigel and with a rapidly closing Mark behind me concentration was a must as was hitting the apexes . With Carl at the front setting a pace even Ben Johnson leaving a narc bust couldn't match which in turn spurred both Jason and Nigel to greater pace the gap grew and i was left defending a tricky Mark . Great fun Mark i was lucky to stay in front of you as you were in my back seat for most of the race . Finished 4th a good one . Well done Carl , Jason , Nigel for the podium spots . Great fun race but surprise surprise the fun was only starting .

Race two reverse grid with some tweaks and i am starting 4th with a good start i am 3rd and the fun begins as one lap later i am 2nd able to hold pace with Mark and with Carl and Nigel chasing me down no time to worry about the sweat running down my back now .What followed next has to be one of my most memorable moments since joining . The most close racing i believe i may have been involved in and an absolute joy to be a part of . Three or four laps swapping positions with Carl until he finally made a pass stick then defending against Nigel whilst trying to maintain pace with Carl for a few more laps until i tried to undercut Carl through the final corner i missed my chance but Nigel saw his and instead of gaining a place i lost one .Head down following Carl until Nigel made an error allowing Carl through and i thought i saw a chance again but so did Paul , where the feck did he come from , and a repeat of losing a position instead of gaining . Deliberately pitting after everyone in front i came out still in 5th behind Paul but with Jason right behind me and he didn't appear to be smiling . It was an intense drive to the finish even just for a 5th spot trying to catch Paul and defending against Jason , great fun Jason . Finished 5th and i cant complain it was awesome . Well done Carl , Mark , Nigel for the podium spots and a nice triple Carl with two wins and the pole .

Gutted for you Steve , that Murphy and Sod law firm are infamous for it hope its sorted asap see you on track soon .

Ouch Jason i thought there was a problem with your car when you appeared in my mirrors there seemed to be smoke or something coming from it or was that you ? Lets hope it doesn't happen again .

Cheers Jason for the series and also to the "others" who tested with Jason its not easy matching so many cars but this is first class and thanks to Nigel for hosting with his super booter router and as always thanks to everyone that joined in and made it so much fun .

A two week break for this series with a Bank Holiday and Steve's series in between rounds i cant wait cheers guys .

RIP Niki Lauda .

#9 Robabt111, May 21, 2019
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
    cokebloke, Fido996 and Zebaldus like this.
  10. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Some epic write ups not my best skill to be fair but my nights racing ended up in 2 victorys the first one was not as easy as it looked Jason caught me after a mistake hard luck Jason second race I stayed out and decided the close racing with Nigel Rob and Mark seemed to good to mis hard luck Jason ginge wanted his nuts squeezing for punting you off the next race will be closer as I don't have the out right speed as in the gardens epic series cars are so close .

11. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

@Lunchbox ....Jason can you host tomorrow please have free tickets to the local beer and cider festival running this week in our village
    if home in time I will join when I get home......if I can :)

Jimantonic likes this.
  12. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Sure no problem Nigel, will be funny hearing you slur "so sorry Jason" and "did i hinder you in anyway" "hic"

13. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

The new pedals have arrived. Had a very quick test yesterday, all are working fine. One thing I’ve realised though is that the original set have slowly been falling apart and I haven’t noticed! One of the return springs on the accelerator pedal had snapped so it felt really light, the new set is nothing like it. I’ll have to spend a hour or so re-learning the new set up to get back up to speed.

Zebaldus and Robabt111 like this.
  14. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Dont bother re learning Steve Just give us a bit of a chance ;)

Zebaldus likes this.
  15. aldy13

Club GBRC

Sorry lads not going to make it tonight

Fido996 likes this.
  16. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Another good nights racing, firstly have to apologise for turning up bit tipsy but didn't want to upset my sister in law by not drinking the drinks she so kindly organised.

Cant clearly remember every detail but Im like that even sober but I can recall soon going third with Paul in fourth and just had to concentrate and gradually increase the gap between me and Paul I knew I had no chance of catching Carl and Steve so I was happy finishing in third.

Race two was more of a battle I can recall getting behind Mark who is also in a TT and lap after lap just staying on Marks bumper that really was fun and hard work, unfortunately for Mark got a wheel on the grass allowing me to get by unlucky Mark.
    Well done to Carl and Steve and really pleased to see you on the podium Rob well deserved, you are getting quicker and more consistent well done for sticking at it.

Thanks everybody for a good nights racing and thanks Jason for organising the event.

#16 cokebloke, Jun 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    Robabt111, Fido996 and Lunchbox like this.
  17. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Got a chance to watch the replays from Sunday and the first thing that struck me was how close everyone was in outright pace. Great to see, but it meant you had to be on your 'A' game the whole way through. Any slight mistake would see you lose touch with the guy you're chasing, so consistency was the key for these races.

Big congratulations to Nigel (race ) and Rob (race 2) on their podium finishes, really well deserved and to Carl for pushing me so hard in race 1 and grabbing 2 deserved 2nd's.

Also, I would like to congratulate PD for nerffing yet another car. You would've thought that after 18 months of this game being out that they'd be able to get the car balance right by now. Why do they have to keep tinkering with the performance?

See you all next Sunday!

Robabt111, Lunchbox and cokebloke like this.
  18. Robabt111

Club GBRC

The evening started with a slight cloud , as an update sadly reduced the cars on track to just two different makes and now just a German ff , but that was smoke screen and hiding behind it was an awesome couple of races .

Having qualified in 4th and then finishing 6th my smile shouldn't have been so big , but the constant battles i was involved in , (with everyone except Steve and Carl who were exceptional , ) were so much fun , there simply wasn't a lap where i could relax , a big thank you to Nigel , Paul , Mark and Jason great fun guys cheers . Well done Steve , Carl , Nigel for the podium spots .

Race two reverse grid and i am at the front with Jason behind me a good start saw me holding off Jason for a few laps until he effected a pass on lap 4 . The next 6 or so laps were spent trying to hang on to Jason's pace which i somehow managed to do even reducing a 2 second gap to mere tenths , then came the pit stops for Jason then me and then Carl who had closed to within a second by now . Close as the exits were we started the final few laps as we had entered the pits but with Carl being behind both Jason and me you knew changes were coming and they did several times . A great lesson in race craft Carl , once you got into 2nd spot you nailed it leaving Jason and myself to decide which one of us would take 3rd spot . In truth if Jason had not made his final error i wouldn't have been able to close the gap i could feel 3rd spot slipping through my fingers but he made an error exiting the first bend and i was able to close and pass and hold 3rd spot to the finish but awesome pressure Jason the gap was less than one tenth . Woo hoo a hard earned podium and boy was i smiling now , a massive thank you Jason we were so close for the entire race .Great pace again Steve and great drive Carl and i would pat myself on the back but i would probably pop a shoulder . A nice treble Steve awesome stuff .

Great series Jason even if PD appear to be attempting sabotage cheers for the chat too and Nigel thanks for the hosting no need to apologise for the James Hunt impersonation it didn't impede you in race one and as always a huge thanks to everyone that turned up making it so much fun .

Off to Spain next fingers crossed no more belated tweaks .

cokebloke, Fido996 and Lunchbox like this.
  19. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Ace Write up lads and we'll done Steve I gave it 110 percent in the first race well done Rob you seemed to be getting quick in the second race every oneis getting quicker this has been my favourite series so far on gt as its so close

Fido996 and Robabt111 like this.
  20. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

@Lunchbox @carlos77744 Jason, Carl working the garage tomorrow but Mercedes next door might
    need a driver to deliver a service car in the evening somewhere out of county so if Im late can one of you set
    up a room please and I will join asap...........thank you

Fido996 likes this.