1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'GBRC Welcome' started by SparrowRacing, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Hello fellow race enthousiasts,

After a lot of searching through various clubs, mostly uninteresting or serious ones, your club caught my attention and so i joined it. There i discovered this forum. So after reading the welcome/info thread, i decided to join the forum aswell.
    A little about me: I'm not British but Dutch, sort of neighbours if a way, but grumpy at times. The reason i joined is simple; the British are well known for their motor racing and racing herritage. Something i have always admired and respected. Also, the online unguided missile lobbies usually made my blood boil.
    I'm a big fan of serious but fair racing, preferably as close to simulation as possible. Winning a race is nice, but not nessesarily the defenition of a good race. Participating in a good race is better, for me anyway.
    Supporter of Sportsmanship. I have raced in the past (motorbikes), and i still race according to safety and fairness, even in a video game.
    I'm new to both clubracing aswell as to forums so please forgive me when i make any mistakes.
    Because of this new addition of Community Features, my friends list has always been short so i hope to extend my friends list over time.

One question though; i've registered myself for the GBRC community Club Casual - Maserati Gran Turismo S race. In another club i've registered myself also for some races but the lobbies always seem to be empty or unavailable (the Dutch description seems to be poorly translated from English and therefore not very clear).
    Is registering for a race all there is to it or have i overlooked something?

Hope to see you on the racetrack. Kind regards,
    Sparrow Racing

jimmywizz, PAPPACLART and Clay.GT1372 like this.
  2. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hi Sparrow Racing and welcome to GBRC.

We're just starting to experiment with GT6 community features and the Maserati event does require participants to register and enter via the Grumpy British Racing Club community lobby. If you've any questions about how to do this, just ask.

You've joined at a good time, we'll soon be announcing plans for Q3, the new season of official club championships. Participation in the championships will require you to do a qualifier, soon to be announced, and register for series' via the respective GBRC Current Season Official Events threads.

3. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Welcome Sparrow, you sound like our sort of chap!
    Should be a nice taster for you tonight to see what we are all about, hopefully meet you later.

4. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hi Sparrow, sounds like you think like our club members, welcome and look forward to seeing you on track.

5. Thanks for the warm welcome! I have the feeling i can finally start to enjoy GT6 the way it should be.

6. Clay.GT1372

Club ALV

Hi Sparrow, it's great to have another like minded member, as Rams said its a good time to have joined with the new season about to be announced, and we'r all trying to get to grips with the new community thingy.

Welcome aboard & happy posting :)

SparrowRacing likes this.
  7. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hi Sparrow,

Welcome to our Club, This indeed is the place to find the cleanest most respectful and best racing online. Hope to see you on track soon.

Regards
    Eoin