1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

GBRC News New STCC Series planned.

Discussion in 'GBRC News' started by Lunchbox, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

New series in the pipeline if anybody wants to run a series before this then feel free to do so, Nigel is running a series next and maybe Steve after. Or if you would want me to run this after Nigel's series i can do it.
    I thought i would get everyone's opinion on the series.

The class is Super Touring Car
    The Series is the STCC

Car Regulations
    Cars eligible 10 GR.3
    Bop will be on
    Tuning off
    Race medium tyres
    Traction control off
    one main sponsor must be displayed
    Bridestone sponsor must be included
    Eneos sponsor must be included
    GBRC door board must be included

The 10 cars in the list are
    BMW BMW M6 GT3 WALKENHORST MOTORSPORT 2016
    BMW BMW M6 GT3 M POWER LIVERY 2016
    BMW M3 GT BMW Motorsport 2011
    Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 SCHULZE MOTORSPORT 2013
    Mitsubishi LANCER EVOLUTION FINAL EDITION GR.3
    Subaru WRX GR.3
    Mazda ATENZA GR.3
    Lexus RCF GT3 PROTOTYPE EMIL FREY RACING 2016
    Lexus RC F GT3 EMIL FREY RACING 2017
    Hyundai GENESIS GR.3

Robabt111 likes this.
  2. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Liking the look of this Jason, almost finished three new liveries for the Mazda but I'd better check out a few of the others first.

I have 2 series lined up, one can be discounted now as it was a single make series using a Z4 Gr.3. The other is a Porsche Cup but I,ve got to tweak the fuel/ lap settings. More that happy for both Nigel and yourself to carry on, although I wonder if Nigel may struggle for numbers over the summer holidays. I know that I'll be away for 2 Sundays in July and probably the same in August. Really we could do with 3-4 regular drivers extra.

3. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Like the idea Jason, I agree on the numbers Steve its always a problem in the summer but I will have to see what happens
    as long as nobody minds me running it

Fido996 likes this.
  4. Looks a great series

Fido996 likes this.
  5. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Morning Jason hope you had a nice meal.

Anyway while you where swanning off like Lord muck eating and drinking on a warm summers evening us workers carried on in the heat and grime just to help you out ;)

We tested on Dragon Gardens 11 and Ive just rounded all the time down to the whole second rather than include the points of a second and I've included the members names as it might help in working things out so here we have it.

M6 Walkenhurst Nigel 1.32
    Atenza Paul 1,34
    Genisis Rob 1.34/Nigel 1.32/Mark 1.33
    M3 GT BMW M/Sport Mark 1.33/ Paul 1.34 x2
    RCF Rob 1.34
    RCF 17 Rob 1.33
    RCF Prototype 1.33
    M6 Mpower 1.34
    Evo Final Mark 1.33 x 2 Nigel 1.32
    WRX Nigel 1.32 x2 Mark 1.33
    Nissan GTR Rob 1.33
    Genisis Paul 1.34 / Mark 1.33 / Nigel 1.32

Fun cars all of them we tested I personally haven't tried them all yet but out of the ones last I have my favourite so far.

Cheers Jason

Lunchbox and Robabt111 like this.
  6. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Thank lads for putting in the time to test the cars out. Did any standout has overpowered? I found them great to drive and really competitive.

7. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

To be fair my thoughts are all the ones tested seemed to have roughly the same times I think it came down to preference for example one of my favourites was the WRX and Mark enjoyed the Evo But I wasn't so keen on the Evo and Mark wasn't as keen on the WRX.
    With more on of us on track and we still have to try some of the others it will sort out all the cars and each of us will decide which ones we feel best with, must admit I enjoy the testing nearly as much as the racing

Lunchbox likes this.
  8. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

I'll be on from 7-8 tonight so I'll work my way through the list. I was torn initially between the Mazda and 2 of the Beemers but a lot of people used to go for the RCF online when it first came out, but I assume its been brought back into line now. I'll set up a lobby later if anyones about and fancies some testing. ;)

9. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks Steve...it probably helps with BOP on in my mind..... which isn't very big :p

Fido996 likes this.
  10. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

i should be about Steve.

Fido996 likes this.
  11. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Been busy so not got online looks good lads keep it rolling

12. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Had a brief session last night with Jason, tried out the M3, M6 and Atenza. Both beepers were in the 33's but at opposite ends, and the Atenza was in the 32's. I'll give the Datsun, WRX and RC F a blast later. I may switch to the Red Bull ring as its still quite fresh and I can be a little more consistent there.

Also, Jason, will there be any tyre wear in this series?

13. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

working on some things need to do more testing, was thinking of no tyre wear in the first race and having heavy wear in the second race.

Fido996 likes this.
  14. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Use mediums and hards for the second race, with accelerated wear?

15. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

I think i will keep tyre on mediums only for the fact i am on a pad and there is no traction control.

I am also thinking about posting this on gt planet and not here so it would require you to create an account with them for you to join there. Various methods i have tried to tempt drivers to race have failed so i think the numbers over at gt planet might be tempted by our racing.

The one thing that i would like is for it to stand out and that would mean liveries looking the part so when i create promo vids they look professional. With that in mind i would like to test the cars after tonight's racing and get some footage to make a promo video.

I would set this up early on gtplanet so it will have time to gain momentum and maybe pull in drivers, after racing commenting on there forum is crucial as it encourages drivers to join.

Thoughts?

Zebaldus and Fido996 like this.
  16. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Sounds good Jason, their membership base is huge so we may well get a few hits. Anything to boost the grid.

One of my potential leads went cold and I'm still waiting for the other to get back to me.

Lunchbox likes this.
  17. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Two cars have come in for BoP adjustments in the latest update, all models of the M6 Gr.3 and the RC F Gr.3.:mad:

Both have raised weight.

Zebaldus, cokebloke and Robabt111 like this.
  18. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

I was thinking of postponing this until September when everybody is available was thinking July-august would still be in the holiday period.

19. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

September will be better everyone is done and dusted holiday

20. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Good idea Jason