1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

New (wanna-be) grumpy member

Discussion in 'GBRC Welcome' started by Rooky_Balboa, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Rooky_Balboa

Club GBRC

Hi guys,
    I stumbled upon your website mainly through a bit of interaction with Rams1de a week or so ago on the GT6 forum.
    I'm really keen to join you guys for a race or two, there aren't so many casual races planned in the near future, so was wondering if I could befriend you on PSN and perhaps have an ad-hoc race or two if our playing times coincide.

My PSN is the same as my profile name: ROOKY_BALBOA, please feel free to add me!

Fido996 likes this.
  2. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hi Rooky, welcome to Grumpydom!!
    Really pleased to see you have got stuck in straight away with your qualifyer time and looking to join in some casual racing.

There is quite a lot of testing going on for the GT300 championship, which usually involes a few races per night depending on how many are in the room.

Hopefully we'll try to get back on track soon with some casual nights like Carrie has organised tonight.

Hope to see you on track soon, until then keep it grumpy!!

3. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hi Rooky. Sorry you missed us. There seems to be an ongoing problem with not being able to see friends rooms online.

Sometimes when that happens you can see the rooms after creating your own and then exiting. Bizarre.

The casual racing has taken a bit of a hit lately and the members are spending more time practising for the official races on a Sunday.

There's only two races left in the current series before @Fido996 hour long endurance series at La Sarthe. Have a look at the cars, get them tuned up (try the Zonda C12 for A Class) and if you feel confident, enter the series here

4. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Hi Rooky, welcome to GBRC.

Once my GT300 series is over, I'll be running some Casual Races on Thursdays, so will keep you posted.

Please send me an Friends Request

5. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hi Rooky, and welcome to GBRC.

Sent you a Friend Request last night. I should be on a little later if you fancy a blast round. My final practice for this Sunday's race.

6. Rooky_Balboa

Club GBRC

Thanks Fido.

It's a bit tricky getting game time for me on a Friday but I'll try my best.

What sort of time are you thinking of being on?

7. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hi again Rocky and welcome.

dranddad is my psn, but be warned if I don't see guys from my friends list from time to time I do remove them, in true Grumpy fashion.

[​IMG]
    I'm crotchety,

Jimantonic likes this.
  8. PAPPACLART

Aministrator

Welcome Rooky, really glad to have you.

9. Rooky_Balboa

Club GBRC

Thanks guys, looking forward to meeting up with you all for a casual race sometime soon.

I've not managed to get online much recently as I've had family over to stay.

Is there an easy way of seeing where friends are racing if they aren't actually hosting? There's the 'see only friend's rooms' check box in the lobby, but is there a way of locating rooms where PSN friends are racing as well as this?

10. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

I think you can see friends in rooms even if they are not hosting, so long as the friends rooms only box is ticked.

Jimantonic likes this.
  11. Rooky_Balboa

Club GBRC

Aha that's great, makes things a lot easier

12. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Rocky.

Most of the members don't join odd open lobbies, They make either a private friends rooms only which you'll be able to see who is in there.

Next if a member opens a lounge in open lobby the heading will more than likely be one of GBRC - XXXXXXX
    Or GTarena - XXXXXXX here the same thing look in the list for who is in the room.

Last is room names other than above, whereby you would have to look at the hosts name, see if they are on your friends list.

I think it's Square button you push for this on your controller or wheel, but not sure.