1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'GBRC Welcome' started by Bry_St3r, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Bry_St3r

Club GBRC

Hi to all,

I am new to GT6 let alone a PS3 :D and have been looking for a Club/Group to join as I have no one to play GT6 with (billy no mates :) ) and I am wanting to learn more and get the most out of this fantastic game.

I would see myself as a complete novice with little to no experience of racing on line although I have read a lot on the the race rules on GTP where Fido996 recommended this Club.

PAPPACLART and Zebaldus like this.
  2. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

A warm welcome to GTarena Bry I'm sure you will enjoy many hours of good company and fine racing here.

I'll be the first to invited you to join us members at Wednesday fun night WFN club ID 1005678. This will give you the chance to meet some of the guys and they meet you, this Wednesday is a seasonal event online 600pp 4wd at suzuka 2014, so a nice easy race night for you to take part in being casual.

Hope to see you there if your free, any other help I can give you just ask.

Phillip

3. Bry_St3r

Club GBRC

Thanks Phillip looking forward to it.

What time does it start?

4. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hi Bry, welcome to GT Arena and GBRC.
    Glad you made the choice to join us, your in luck as our new season is starting very soon, and if you are free on thursday or sunday evening you can have a bash at the online qualifier.

http://www.gtarena.com/community/threads/gbrc-q3-qualifier-discussion.2026/

http://www.gtarena.com/community/th...ne-qualifying-night-2-bnic11.2024/#post-24084

http://www.gtarena.com/community/threads/jan-11-2015-gbrc-q3-online-qualifying-night-3-bnic11.2025/

Here is a link to the upcoming seasons events:
    http://www.gtarena.com/community/forums/gbrc-current-season-official-events.82/

#4 Jimantonic, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  5. Clay.GT1372

Club ALV

Welcome Bry, you picked a great club to join, I joined about a year ago and have had some really good times, top group of lads (and lass) always willing to help where they can.
    happy posting, see you on the black stuff.

Clay

6. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

You'll need to join the club as its members only, club lounge will be open from 19:30, but as casual you can join in when ever.

7. Bry_St3r

Club GBRC

Thanks Clay just been looking at the Links from Jimantonic (thanks for them by the way) and i'm interested in the time trials this Thursday although I hope the times done are Hours :eek:

8. Bry_St3r

Club GBRC

Thanks,

Just applied to join :D

9. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Glad to see you gave us a look over. Look in on Thursday to get a qualifying time posted at least, the guys here are always willing to help out. Great crowd!

Welcome to GT Arena.

Steve.

10. Bry_St3r

Club GBRC

Thanks for the welcome Steve and the directing me to the site :D

#10 Bry_St3r, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  11. Bry_St3r

Club GBRC

If I am successful in my application to join are there certain cars I need to collect?

12. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Little steps Bry, I'm hoping a number of guys from GBRC will be joining in a casual night tonight 7th at Wednesday Fun Night, whereby you can come along and meet the guys.

Club ID 1005678.

Now nobody has to join it's all just casual, but it's a good chance to meet the guys for a few laps in a PD seasonal event online 600pp 4WD at Suzuka 2014 on Sport Soft tyres. It is still posted in the seasonal section on PS3 3rd from the end I think it is.

You can race once or all night, you can just join the viewing lounge and watch others and join in the chat, that's what WFN is all about casual evening. Hope you make it nice to see a new face.

13. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

I hope your virtual bank account is looking healthy!!
    You'll need to buy the VW Golf R '10 for the qualifier, just remember to change the oil but keep the rest of the car stock.

If you look through the Q3 events in the last of the links in my previous post, each event lists the car(s) needed in the opening post.
    If you are short on credits the current seasonal events give a good amount.

14. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hi Bry and welcome to Gtarena.

Your defo going to need some virtual credits, play the single player mode for a while to unlock the online feature, Then its about making credits to buy lots of cars and tuning parts. Variety is the spice etc etc.

here is a cheap lousey trick where ya can get a quick 260K in just under 4 mins.(need 5 day login bonus) I often use this when the virtual bank is low.
    Bear in mind I don't endorse this type of driving in the club. Were respectful bunch here clean no shortcut drivers all the way. :)

ad me on PSN - ejd_IRE.....
    See ya soon

15. Bry_St3r

Club GBRC

Been on looking for you guys but no joy tried the Club ID 1005678.
    :(

16. Zolon32

Club GBRC

They aren't doing any official business tonight as far as I'm aware Bry, the second Quali session is tomorrow.

If you pick a few regular names from the site and fire off some friend requests you may well find some on. In fact, check out the Wednesday Fun Club, Phill's group. They will definitely be on. You could find it by searching for clubs in the community section.

Cheers, Zo.

17. Bry_St3r

Club GBRC

Thanks Zo.

The fun of being a newbie :confused:

will go back to the drawing board and see if i have more success tomorrow ;)

Brian

18. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Welcome =)

19. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Just encase you were looking in the wrong place.

Load up PS3 / Gran Turismo and go to community feature on your Mypage.
    Left side go down to Clubs. click
    Top row of icons click on search for clubs.

This will show the following.

Go to the bottom of this page and enter the club number in the Club ID search box.

1005678 Then click search.

Keyword Search
    Find a club by searching for its name or description.
    Up to 100 results will be displayed.
    Tags
    Filter clubs based on a given tag.
    Set Tags
    Unspecified
    Country/Region
    Filter clubs by country or region.
    Set Country/Region
    United Kingdom
    Search

Club ID Input
    Enter a 7-digit Club ID to be taken directly to the club in question.
    Search

This should take you to the club page where you can view what's on and click on join club

Hope this helps you, I know it's all strange at first finding your way around.

As it was there was only 7 in the room last night so it was very quiet, but it is only a week or so after the festive holiday. World Tour is back on the 14th so there may well be a full room again for this, details are in the clubs events, need two cars for this and your welcome to join the other members.

Fido996 likes this.
  20. Bry_St3r

Club GBRC

Thanks for the welcome Zebaldus and to GT_Phill cracking bit of info.