1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

[Oct 27, 2019] STCC on GTPlanet (GBRC-lunchbox)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by Lunchbox, Aug 13, 2019.

You can not signup for this event...

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
STCC on GTPlanet
GBRC-lunchbox
Signups: 0
Posted By : Lunchbox
Start: Oct 27, 2019 07:00 PM
End: Oct 27, 2019 09:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT
  1. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

[​IMG]
    This championship is to recruit new drivers, i will be running it from gtplanet the post can be found here.
    Could you please post your interest in this format here and i will include you in the series.
    PSN ID:
    Race No:
    Car choice:

And i will enter you in the series on gtplanet

The 10 cars in the list are
    BMW BMW M6 GT3 WALKENHORST MOTORSPORT 2016
    BMW BMW M6 GT3 M POWER LIVERY 2016
    BMW M3 GT BMW Motorsport 2011
    Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 SCHULZE MOTORSPORT 2013
    Mitsubishi LANCER EVOLUTION FINAL EDITION GR.3
    Subaru WRX GR.3
    Mazda ATENZA GR.3
    Lexus RCF GT3 PROTOTYPE EMIL FREY RACING 2016
    Lexus RC F GT3 EMIL FREY RACING 2017
    Hyundai GENESIS GR.3

Results

GBRC-Fido-996 = 163
    trevonick = 157
    GBRC-Scenga77744 = 143
    GBRC-cokebloke = 142
    A13DarBray1TS = 140
    GBRC-lunchbox147 = 136
    Roman_gt23 = 124
    GBRC_Robant111 = 121
    Zebaldus = 109
    Maridian = 102
    GBRC-Aldy13 = 60
    jimantonic = 34​

#1 Lunchbox, Aug 13, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  2. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

GTPlanet? Are we heading to the big leagues now? :cool:

3. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Yes please Jason tried registering on GT planet and got lost if you can put my name down please.

Thanks for organising should be good

4. Robabt111

Club GBRC

Tried to log in to GT planet probs with confirm password etc sign me up pls and i will continue to try to sort it .

5. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Just trying to get more drivers Roman. Personally i don't think it will work but i wont know unless i try.

@Robabt111 could you post your car no and car please.

6. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Im game. ..

7. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Dont know about any car yet . .

8. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

I'll be running the BMW gt3 power for this event.

9. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

I know I mentioned it last night but I will be driving the Subaru Jason

10. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Not sure of my plans for the weekend of the first but put me down.

Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  11. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

I tested these cars extensively (on Sport mode qualifying trial for the races) for this week on my controller. Interesting mix.

BMW BMW M6 GT3 WALKENHORST MOTORSPORT & M POWER - These cars are nice to drive and rotates well off throttle. I know there was some chatting that one was better than the other. However I honestly didn't feel a difference between the two despite I was .2 faster in the M Power. I'll chalk it up to not duplicating the same lap with the same lines.
    BMW M3 GT BMW Motorsport 2011 - Holy under steer. I was going to pick this car originally but I was screaming for it to bloody turn!
    Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 SCHULZE MOTORSPORT 2013 - Oh Godzilla how silly you are. The highest HP by far and I can feel it with the controller with how snappy it got on throttle. I think with a wheel and pedals I'd be faster due to modulating the throttle more. One thing I didn't like it under steers in high speed corners.
    Mitsubishi LANCER EVOLUTION FINAL EDITION GR.3 - I was expecting this to be like the WRX below but it has crazy rotation on turn in and under steered heavily when applying the throttle. Such a jeckyl and hyde car.
    Subaru WRX GR.3 - I think I can run a faster lap time. This car felt the most crisp and responsive out of the lot. My optimum lap time was the fastest in this but couldn't string it together consistently. If TCS was allowed I think I would have used this one. You can get yourself into trouble on corner exit.
    Mazda ATENZA GR.3 - My old trusty. I love this car but it just felt weird this time around. I guess it's been awhile and the game has gone many updates. I was very fast in this but it felt understeery despite my lap times.
    Lexus RCF GT3 PROTOTYPE EMIL FREY RACING 2016 - FOR FUCK SAKE! CAN I PLEASE SAW THE A PILLAR OFF!?!?! I CAN'T SEE THE APEX ON LEFT HAND CORNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lexus RC F GT3 EMIL FREY RACING 2017 - The A pillar wasn't so much in the way on this one. But WOW! I was shocked with this car. It's like a more tame WRX GR.3 (My winner)
    Hyundai GENESIS GR.3 - The feel of the car felt nice but the lap times didn't show for how easy it was to drive. Definitely the easiest of the lot to drive.

Easiest car to drive - (might not be the fastest but remember you have to be comfortable in order to go fast!)
    • Hyundai
    • BMW M6
    • Subaru/Lexus 17'
    • Mazda
    • Nissan
    • Mitsubishi
    • Lexus Prototype
    • BMW M3

Fastest cars (in my hands) - because at the end of the day the top step of the podium matters!
    I'm going to exclude the M3 from the spread but from first to the Protoype Lexus I had a 1.1 Second spread but bear in mind these were on Racing hards
    • Lexus 17'
    • BMW M6
    • Subaru
    • Mazda
    • Nissan/Hyundai ( I ran a lap time down to the hundreths)
    • Mitsubishi
    • Lexus Prototype
    • BMW M3

Now if you will excuse me time to make a livery for my $300,000 LEXUS :p

Zebaldus, Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  12. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Great work Elias, as you mentioned you have to feel comfortable with a care to enjoy driving it.
    I have chosen the Subaru mainly as overall I felt it suited me and various tracks, thanks for sharing your findings

Lunchbox, Zebaldus and Robabt111 like this.
  13. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

upload_2019-8-22_23-35-41.png

My livery for the series

14. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Very nice Elias

RacingRoman23R likes this.
  15. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Cheers Nigel. Took me an hour just to search and figure out what livery I wanted and then took an absolute age just to put 4 stripes on it :p.

Markhughes and Robabt111 like this.
  16. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

WOW Thats quicker than me....:)

Markhughes and Robabt111 like this.
  17. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thank you for organising the series Jason and great to see so many cars on track a brilliant nights racing.

All the races blended together a little in my mind, I can recall each race making the odd mistake or what ever and having to battle back through the standings again which in a car that doesn't have the straight line speed as some of the cars wasn't easy but it certainly was fun
    and was helped by the mistake of others but through the night I think we all lost and gained through others.

Good to see Trevorick join us hopefully we will see you more often.

Well done to everybody particularly the podium winners all well deserved look forward to next week now.

Thanks again Jason

Robabt111 and Lunchbox like this.
  18. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Thank you Jason for organizing. Apart from an absentee (I swear that's not how we roll here in 'Murica :p) I think it was a successful night. Trevonick and the other guy were properly fast and the racing was so tight and intense throughout the three races. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Happy with my 2nd and 3rd (and was happy on the 2nd race storming the field until my blunder).

As promised here's the incar footage from the three races (on the Uneven Asphalt channel). @cokebloke race three starts around the 42 min mark or so. You can see what settings I used and how I short shifted (especially in Jason's/Steve's tow). I also broke a little earlier but less and just let the car roll through the corners. With 2 to go I went to party mode and sent it. I couldn't have timed it any better :eek:

Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  19. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

What a great night of racing, and a decent sized field.

Race one I started second behind Jason, ( great lap time Jas by the way :p:D ) and my plan for this was to stay with him but not to overtake too early so that we could use Godzilla's slight advantage here. Then, once we had a bit of a buffer, I'd then start to apply the pressure in the hope that I was close enough to take advantage of any slight mistake.

Race 2 and I got off to a terrible start. Spun out at the start and was 10 seconds down. Caught up as everyone was still bunched up and was making progress. Then Elias binned it going up the hill just as I was making a move on Rob. He took avoiding action, I hit the grass and from then on was just a passenger. Eventually got up with Andy who seemed to be having some sort of connection issues as he seemed to keep crashing into the walls but would then suddenly appear back in front. So I hung back for a while to avoid contact. I then decided to try for that extra position in the last couple of laps just nicking it on the line.

Race 3 i had a strategy for that I'd worked out last Thursday. I already knew I could comfortably run with the pack on fuel setting 2 so all I had to do was use setting 1 for a bit of a boost now and again should the need arise. I also knew that if I was very careful I could make the tank go for 20 laps. I had Andy & Paul in front before I could make any podium spots. By time I'd got by Jason was 3.5 seconds up the road with Elias on his tail. Then the chase started. Slowly, I eventually caught up and used my unofficial boost to get by Elias. A couple of laps later Jason went off handing me the lead. All I had to do now was manage the gap to Elias. He got within striking distance a couple of times and then dropped back, but then opened the taps for the last 2 laps. I started the last lap with enough fuel for 1.5 laps, so after the first corner I opened the car up to keep him at bay finishing the race reading 0.1 ltr left in the tank!

Also, I was thoroughly impressed with Tomos and Trevor, both race craft and speed. Hope we get to race more with them as time goes on.

Robabt111, Lunchbox and cokebloke like this.
  20. Robabt111

Club GBRC

Great idea Jason not just the series but a recruiting post on GT planet, more drivers brought more fun.

Race one starting in 6th sitting behind Carl and with Nigel behind first plan was to make it through the first corner, so much for plans an error into the first part of the double right hander saw me struggle to regain control through the second part and unfortunately i clipped Nigel and therefore i waited. My error Nigel apologies for it. That dropped me down to 10th but still in touch with the pack. An incident through the corkscrew chicane involving Carl and Mark saw me promoted to 8th following Nigel and Paul until i forgot Mtran82 was stuck on pit road and T boned him allowing Mark to close on me. The end of lap 4 saw another incident at the corkscrew involving Nigel and Paul that allowed me to slip into 6th. By then Mark was closing in fast and lap 5 and 6 was a great little duel between us until Mark ran onto the grass and came to a sudden stop courtesy of the barrier. That only allowed Carl to appear large in my mirrors but fortunately for me i was able to hold the position and finish in 6th. Great pace from the podium fillers Steve, Tomos, Elias and a fastest lap by Tomos.

Race two reverse grid starting 6th, after a decent start i was still in 6th until i slid a bit wide going through the four left hander section attempting to pass Nigel and Trev pounced and i was down to 7th. Elias then made a brief appearance at the hairpin and that allowed Jason to pick his moment to pass me and i was 8th soon after Elias was passed and i was 9th. A short time later there was five of us heading for the corkscrew and somehow i came out in 8th. Lap 7 and a spin from Elias clipped me sending me into Steve as he was passing me and i was 7th.which at the end of the lap became 6th as Paul drifted wide. Head down and chasing Andy i was able to close and pass him starting lap 10 now i am 5th but Tomos was closing fast and on the last corner of the last lap i left a gap that Tomos exploited and i finished 6th, no real surprise as once again Tomos provided the fastest lap. Great pace and racing from the podium fillers Carl, Mark and Trev showing good consistency.

Race three a head scratcher this one a fuel saving strategy challenge. Another reverse grid meant i once again started 6th. Although i got off the line fine an error through the four left handers and Tomos once again took his opportunity well and i was 7th. The start of lap three and an incident into the first corner between Tomos and Andy and i was up to 5th. Now following Paul who on lap five went wide into the first corner and i was 4th.By lap seven i was sitting in Steve's draft until on lap eight i made an error coming out of the hairpin and Trev powered past and i was 5th. Now the race settled and i was following Trev until Jason's error dropped him to 4th and i was following him.
    That saw a few moments of jousting until i followed Jason in and out of the pits at the end of lap 16. I was surprised to find i was still in 5th and although i was momentarily 4th after an error from Jason through the corkscrew, leading him on to the straight only assisted him in moving past me as though i was standing still. Following Jason home to finish 5th meant it was a good nights racing for me. An excellent display of fuel management by the first three past the post none of whom pitted for fuel, great stuff Steve, Elias, Trev and a well deserved fastest lap for Jason.

I totally agree with you Steve with regards to Tomos and Trev. This is my second event with Tomos and his pace and craft were no surprise this time and a first with Trev but he showed too he has similar pace and craft. Good stuff guys hope you stick around these really are a bunch of good guys who like to race hard and fair.

Thanks Jason for the organizing and hosting and also to Nigel for chat. Such a shame there is only 8 places in chat we can only hope that one day a chat room for all possible 16 will be released. Finally a very big thank you to everyone that turned up making so much fun, see you all next week at ba ba ba ba ba bomba bomba bomba bom dinga dong dang Blue moon.