1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

The GBRC Porsche Super Cup

Discussion in 'GBRC Chit Chat' started by Fido996, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

I'd like to put forward a series to be run from November 4th to the 24th. It'll be using the Porsche 911 GT3 '09. I'd like to use Jason's format for the races, qualifying, 15minute race, 20 minute race and a 30 minute race with x3 fuel. Tuning will be involved as will a change to the weight and power. I'll post more details half way through October.

Let me know your thoughts.

cokebloke, Robabt111 and Zebaldus like this.
  2. Markhughes

Club GBRC

Sounds interesting

Fido996 likes this.
  3. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Nice one Steve look forward to it, as ever if it helps I can host the room but won't be offended if you would rather host it.

Fido996 likes this.
  4. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

ban the bloody gearbox!

I always wanted to run a GT3 cup series. Are we going to emulate the real power and weight specs?

5. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

I tried looking for the competition spec for the GB Super Cup. It’s not easy to find. So I went for some specs that makes it quick, fun and easier to drive without being boring. But it’ll still have the potential to bite back if pushed.

Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  6. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Finally settled on the spec for this series, so here goes.

Car: Porsche 911 GT3 '09
    Max level and then adjust to 415bhp & 1,325kg
    Tyres RM
    Tuning allowed
    Driving assists off ( apart for driving line )
    Circuits & dates

Nov 3rd Suzuka
    Nov 10th Sardegna Road Track B
    Nov 17th Monza
    Nov 24th Circuit de Sainte-Croix B

As this leaves December clear we have 4 weeks until Christmas I would like to run a final King of The Ring on the 1st & 8th possibly using a selection of cars from what we have used over the past year in the official points standings. If we go ahead with this then I'll put up a pole so we can choose 4 cars to run with, out of the 7 we will have used by then. There won't be any qualifying, first race will be using a reverse grid of the current Championship standings and a reverse grid of the previous race for race 2.

That just leaves 2 Sundays before Christmas and New Year break which Jason suggested using for testing cars for 2020. So, get your thinking caps on and come up with a few of your favs that we haven't raced yet or perhaps go back to something that you really enjoyed.

#6 Fido996, Sep 14, 2019 at 11:31 AM
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2019 at 11:19 PM
  7. Not really sure what to do regards tuning, but happy to give it a go :)

cokebloke, Robabt111 and Lunchbox like this.
  8. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

I'm using a base tune that works quite well, I'll post it up later.

Zebaldus, Robabt111 and trevonick like this.
  9. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

We always try and share tunes Trev to help everybody as it can be bit of a black magic art.

Robabt111, Zebaldus and trevonick like this.